share rss forum feed

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA
reply to toby

Re: Need replacement for old Linksys...

said by toby:

Give the WNR3500L a miss, it has really poor wireless performance, the WRT54G is at least twice as good.

Not really, but that's your opinion. I'm using one and have had experience with Linksys and much prefer it. Running Toastman's tomato, maybe that's the difference.
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007

toby
Troy Mcclure

join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

said by PeeWee:

said by toby:

Give the WNR3500L a miss, it has really poor wireless performance, the WRT54G is at least twice as good.

Not really, but that's your opinion. I'm using one and have had experience with Linksys and much prefer it. Running Toastman's tomato, maybe that's the difference.

I have tested the signal strengths with InSSIDer on a laptop aswell as wifi analyzer on an Android phone.

I have seen many reviews where the signal quality of the WNR3500L is poor. I have used TomatoUSB for the most part on my routers, always works well.

I have also used other Netgear and TP-Link routers with their own firmware, also not as good as the old dependable WRT54G.

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

said by toby:

said by PeeWee:

said by toby:

I have tested the signal strengths with InSSIDer on a laptop aswell as wifi analyzer on an Android phone.

I have seen many reviews where the signal quality of the WNR3500L is poor. I have used TomatoUSB for the most part on my routers, always works well.

I have also used other Netgear and TP-Link routers with their own firmware, also not as good as the old dependable WRT54G.

On a 10/100 network, maybe. But where a gig port is required for modem compatibility, fail. (your words)
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007