join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

decx to J E F F4

Premium Member

to J E F F4

Re: [LTE] Don't pay for that LTE SIM card upgrade

said by J E F F4:

said by decx:

Rogers Plus or dealer? Dealers don't always follow Rogers' guidelines on what they are supposed to do.

How is someone, by the way, going to know that the Rogers store they enter is not a Rogers store? I mean, I am talking about the average person. They do not know that you need a Rogers+ rather than a Rogers store.

True and they are supposed to work the same way (from the POV of the customer). But some dealers just don't always do things by the book.

rice
@bell.ca

rice

Anon

Rogers+ will give you a free SIM when doing a HUP or New activation. All other situations its $10

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Are LTE sims really different? I remember them saying you needed a 3G sim when the 3G service first came out... I continued to use my Sim card from 2001 with my iPhone 3G/3GS, and it would have probably still worked in the iPhone 4 if i had cut it down.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

LTE Sims have a larger storage capacity compared to non LTE Sims. Im not sure how that enables faster speeds but I know the billing system will not auto provision an account for LTE access without an LTE sim.

Stewy6
Premium Member
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON

Stewy6 to rice

Premium Member

to rice
said by rice :

Rogers+ will give you a free SIM when doing a HUP or New activation. All other situations its $10

If it's not a Rogers store then they shouldn't be putting a big red Rogers sign in front. If you put a Rogers sign you're a Rogers store and have to accept what comes with it, if not put up your own third party sign or dealer sign.

Goto a Rogers store - not a Rogers store
Get a free sim card - it's $10
It's available in your area - It's not really available right now.

Leave it to Rogers.