share rss forum feed

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Moos

Re: What to upgrade first, monitor or GPU?

Just got this for a relative--I got it two weeks ago when it was just over $100--it seems to have gone up a little, however: »www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···24009306
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

Wow, thats a great price for that high end of a monitor.

Apparently my new job is paying me commission too, and I'll be about the only salesman in the store when I'm working I've been told, so I may be able to get both at the same time. Maybe a water loop after that, if my psu can handle it.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Water is unnecessary nowadays and offers very diminished returns for the higher cost and time commitment to properly maintain.

If you are absolutely set on WC, Danger Den is going out of business, so I'd drop by there and see what kind of parts you can nab: »www.dangerden.com/
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

Normally I wouldnt waste time on water, but my rooms over the heater so its usually about 8C hotter than the rest of the house. In the fall like this its not bad, but in summer the temps can get a decent bit higher than I'd rather they get.

Grated if my psu can't handle it I'll just skip it and find something else. Maybe some more ram and/or an sdd.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

I have a Corsair H100 and am pleased with it. That sort of closed-loop system might run 5-10 C cooler than air cooling.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

Thats a good thought, I may end up doing that.