uniqs
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704

Re: Voip issues? Just can't win

said by PX Eliezer704:

With another storm coming (still bad but not nearly as bad as Sandy), you might want to change [all] of the entries to Atlanta.

Well, I finally set everything to atlanta.voip.ms and tried calling my voip.ms number and immediately it went to voice mail. Strange thing though, the phone actually rang once and said incoming call. It wasn't doing that before.

Also, when it goes to voice mail, and it's definitely voip.ms voicemail, it say something about the person at extension whatever is not available and to leave a message. When I set up voicemail, and don't ask me how, I recorded a message.

Shouldn't that message be playing when it goes to voice mail?

Thanks
wideglide36

wideglide36

I'll check back in later today. Gotta go out and do my civic duty and vote.

Definitely need some fresh air after wrangling with this issue for a couple days.

Thanks guys..

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952 to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

said by PX Eliezer704:

With another storm coming (still bad but not nearly as bad as Sandy), you might want to change [all] of the entries to Atlanta.

Also, when it goes to voice mail, and it's definitely voip.ms voicemail, it say something about the person at extension whatever is not available and to leave a message. When I set up voicemail, and don't ask me how, I recorded a message.

Shouldn't that message be playing when it goes to voice mail?

Thanks

Your outgoing message (and any incoming messages) are stored on the server that you were registered to when you set up your voicemail. If you change servers (say from newyork to atlanta), you will have to rerecord your outgoing greeting. Also, you won't have access to incoming messages stored on the previous server until you change back to the old server.
crazyk4952

crazyk4952 to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

Definitely need some fresh air after wrangling with this issue for a couple days.

Thanks guys..

Keep us posted. You definitely want to keep the POP that your DID is pointed to and the POP that your ATA is registered to the same. Otherwise, straight to voicemail for you!
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

said by crazyk4952:

said by wideglide36:

Thanks guys..

Keep us posted. You definitely want to keep the POP that your DID is pointed to and the POP that your ATA is registered to the same. Otherwise, straight to voicemail for you!

Thanks crazyk,

As far as I know, all settings are pointing to Atlanta,GA.

In my Obi 110 and on my account at Voip.ms, yet all incoming calls are still going to voicemail.

One curious thing though. Before I set everything to point to Atlanta,GA, I could not access my voicemail using *97.

Now, I can access voicemail using *97 Also:

While playing around with things, I was offered the opportunity to record a message. I declined because I thought I had already recorded one. So, you're probably right about having to re record a message for voicemail.

Couple quick questions. On your Voip.ms account, where would you go to record a voicemail message? Is there any place on your account that shows that you have messages? Or, is the only way to check for messages to dial *97?

Any ideas as to why all incoming calls are still picked up by voice mail? I have no idea where to set Do Not Disturb, so I doubt that's the problem.

Thanks for hanging with me.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by wideglide36:

[
Thanks crazyk,

In my Obi 110 and on my account at Voip.ms, yet all incoming calls are still going to voicemail.

One curious thing though. Before I set everything to point to Atlanta,GA, I could not access my voicemail using *97.

While playing around with things, I was offered the opportunity to record a message. I declined because I thought I had already recorded one. So, you're probably right about having to re record a message for voicemail.

Couple quick questions. On your Voip.ms account, where would you go to record a voicemail message? Is there any place on your account that shows that you have messages? Or, is the only way to check for messages to dial *97?

Any ideas as to why all incoming calls are still picked up by voice mail? I have no idea where to set Do Not Disturb, so I doubt that's the problem.

Is your phone still ringing first (for the half a ring you posted about earlier), then going to VM?

You may want to temporarily connect your ATA directly to your internet connection, bypassing the router and try an incoming call. This will tell us if the problem is with the router.

There is no way to record your outgoing voicemail greeting or see any incoming voicemails through the voip.ms portal. You have to record your outgoing message through the phone (*97).
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

said by crazyk4952:

said by wideglide36:

[
Thanks crazyk,

Is your phone still ringing first (for the half a ring you posted about earlier), then going to VM?

You may want to temporarily connect your ATA directly to your internet connection, bypassing the router and try an incoming call. This will tell us if the problem is with the router.

There is no way to record your outgoing voicemail greeting or see any incoming voicemails through the voip.ms portal. You have to record your outgoing message through the phone (*97).

Thanks crazyk,

I really don't have the time right now to rearrange things to access my cable modem directly. I will try that at a later time if need be, so thanks for that suggestion.

Yeah, there's still a real quick ring and then it stops and voicemail is playing.

I also contacted Obi support to make sure all the settings I changed stuck. Sometimes they don't. I found that out when I changed the ten digit dialing to seven digit dialing and it showed as being changed but it actually wasn't. Obi support had to change it and it was then operational.

Thanks everybody, I'm sure with all the help you guys are providing, it's just a matter of time until this issue is solved...