spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

burnerski

@spcsdns.net

New Verizon Tower

Verizon is building a new 4G tower near my house. Does anyone know about how long it takes a completed
tower to become active? When it becomes active does it show up immediately on the
Verizon coverage map? I'm currently with Sprint so have no way to check.

xrayman

join:2008-12-09
Kansas City
kudos:1

Hard to say when it will be online. A little south of my location Verizon installed a new tower that had LTE antennas on it 2 years ago. It was not until late this summer they turned on the LTE.
All depends on when they are ready to light up LTE in that area.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to burnerski

My experience with a new "dig footings, etc" around the corner from me was : they broke ground Memorial day, monopole up July 4th week, accepting traffic Dec 7th. There was a major screwup getting the fiber back haul strung and provisioned.
The actual construction was done around Labor Day.

As always YMWV but it is not an overnight process.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..
reply to xrayman

I agree with xrayman. Verizon co-located with Sprint on a monopole near me. (I was there with the engineers as they hauled the gear up) From start to finish the job took about 4 days. They turned it on about 2 weeks later. Has LTE antennas, but that has not been turned on yet. Still 3G for now.
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

burnerski

@spcsdns.net

»youtu.be/P5jsy7hXf28

I went to the construction site and shot a short video of the tower. Thanks for the info , Im really looking forward to 4g.

/R

xrayman

join:2008-12-09
Kansas City
reply to burnerski

burnerski, I watched the video. They look like the same 700MHz LTE antennas Verizon used around my area on the new towers.

burnerski

@spcsdns.net

I talked to one of the guys working in the "bunker" and he said they would be done Friday . He stated the tower was 3g and 4g
lte. I then asked when he thought it would be online and he said " I have no idea".