kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Shaw
reply to Dustyn

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.110

said by Dustyn:

said by Sindows 7 :
http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2048552.thumb~b0d07cd480ddc85d747cd4b2e7a9bcc9/Phenom%20II%20X6%202012090.jpg
Looks promising...
Resolved yet?

Corrupt download I guess, I dont like it though.
My uninstaller wouldn't work either (yes flash was not running) I had to dowload another unistaller.

said by merlock:

OK, so the new version has also put a file that I've never seen: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch and
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch

Any ideas? Still going to quarantine them.

Ya what are those?
Somthing to do with certificates?

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
reply to Cartel
Interesting point on the MS take on Flash. I've yet to find a compelling reason to use Silverlight on this Win 7 machine.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to Cartel
said by Cartel:

Ya what are those?
Somthing to do with certificates?

Read this post earlier in the thread:
»Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.110

Those two files are for static linking of DRM...Adobe marries Microsoft...what else would you expect?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

ltsnow
Premium
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA
kudos:1

2 edits
reply to antdude
Added the two new files to my nifty little bat file to remove the stuff I don't want:

sc delete AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Schtasks /delete /TN "Adobe Flash Player Updater"
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch
del C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\plugin.vch

Also, there is a new beta version 11.5.502.113:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-5.html

uridium

join:2009-01-21
reply to antdude
I've got Allow Abode to install updates checked and I'm still on 11.4.402.287. I guess it takes a few days to update. Unless this update is specific to Windows 8.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
How often do you boot/reboot? That's when it happens and, yeah, it can take several days or longer to do it automatically.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

uridium

join:2009-01-21
I usually boot once, maybe twice a day. I mostly select sleep if I'm away from the PC. I will wait and see if/when Secunia PSI warns me that it needs to be patched. If the Automatic updates haven't worked by then I will do it manually from then on. It's no big deal as I visit dslreports every day and Adobe updates are always mentioned if a new version is out. It would just be nice that the Automatic feature would update the same day a patch is released, rather than a few days down the line.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
reply to antdude
Thanks for the heads up. I got it.