PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to marhil0

Re: Digital adapters charge / renewal

said by marhil0 See ProfileThanks. Do you know if they are still giving loyal customer discounts ? I have renewed before and was never charged for the digital adapters. Even without the adapter charges my current monthly would go up $25 a month. Think I will call VZ to renew and inquire about the adapters and see if I can get any other discounts. Might have to mention to them that I may switch to Comcast to get a better deal.
[/BQUOTE :

It always helps to use the "c" word ("cancel"). I used it recently with both XM-Sirius and OnStar and got the rate I wanted. It also helps to remind them how long you've been a customer, and at the point they say they can't do anything more then ask to talk to someone who can -- like retention.
On my recent OnStar negotiation the agent emphatically stated that she could not give me the rate I wanted. When I asked to speak with a manager, the manager came online and immediately told me that she would give me the rate I requested. Be firm but polite -- sometimes it hard to be polite but it has worked for me, and I don't have a perfect track record with the polite thing (he says blushing with embarrassment).