Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to alkizmo

Re: Bugs in my garage

said by alkizmo:

ANOTHER trick: If you have a window in your garage, you can keep it open all the time, with no bug screen. When morning comes, the bugs will exit through that window because of the sun light.

Before the put a garage door on our garage, it would be open all the time. Bugs, esp mosquitos, like to rest in there during the day. I hated going in there for any length of time as the squardons of skeeters would come alive. Once, bees started to make a hive in the garage. After the garage door was installed and I screened off the 'windows' I have very few bugs in there. Though I do have a toad living in there but he likes eating any of the beetles that make their way in.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1
said by Voxxjin:

After the garage door was installed and I screened off the 'windows' I have very few bugs in there.

The trick I mentionned is only to "repair" the damage done.
As in, if you do get a lot of bugs in your garage and you want to get them out, leave the window open until the morning. Most of the bugs will have left the garage. It's not a solution to preventing the bugs from getting in.

As Cowboyro said, having no lights in the garage is best.

Lamp posts near the garage door, outside, will give enough light to see in the garage, but the bugs will stay near the lamp posts.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
Sorry your first post made it seem that you should leave the window open all the time. Down here most of the bugs will run/fly to the shaded areas to escape the sun and heat.

Having lights away from the garage does help as you mentioned.

better yet, give the bug zappers to your neighbors as presents. The bugs will (hopefully) migrate to their yards.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war