spc
uniqs

Anon12345
@comcast.net

Anon12345 to userofdsl

Anon

to userofdsl

Re: [Anveo] Anveo, please clarify your 911 handling

Thanks all for this very informative thread. I checked Anveo's Term of Use, and they have terms about penalty on "EXCESSIVE 911 USAGE" of merely "MORE THAN 2 911 CALLS DURING ANY 30 DAYS INTERVAL". I could be wrong, but these terms combined with the possibly lower than cost $0.8 monthly fee, sounds very likely that they are doing the E911 records on the fly. In other words, Anveo users are not paying the actual E911 service subscribing fee, but merely the permit to be able to be hooked up to E911 when in need. It is like you are paying a monthly fee for a non-functional phone line at home but the phone company tells you that your phone line will be ready to hook up if you dial a number thanks to the high tech nowadays. Yeah, in good days, it may take less than one second to create a database record. But 911 is not something prepared for good days. Just look at those solid companies affected or even flapped over during a Category 1 storm. And as nitzan said, it is kind of dishonest to cheat E911 provider. Unless Anveo comes up with a good explanation, I am concerned and will be looking somewhere else.
rsriram22
join:2006-08-14
Lexington, KY

rsriram22

said by Anon12345 :

..it is kind of dishonest to cheat E911 provider.

i dont know if i (as end user) would be concerned if E911 provider is cheater or not, I'd sure be mad as hell if I am conned.

I d assume E911 provider would black list if they realize that one of their resellers is providing services that is not complying to their "Terms of use"

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to Anon12345

MVM

to Anon12345
I'm really amazed at you people. You are planning to shun a provider, who has been in business many years, because they won't come here and explain their 911 setup to you? And you accuse them of cheating their 911 provider, based on the explanation of one person, who just happens to be one of their competitors?

VOIP providers are required, by law, to provide you with notice that the 911 service available is not traditional POTS 911 service and is not guaranteed to work. They are also required, by law, to provide you with 911 service. Anveo provides a low-cost 911 service, and has a reputation for being a quality provider.

If 911 Service is that important to you, then get a POTS line. Otherwise, do like everyone else, pick a provider and throw the dice.
DaveSin
join:2009-07-17

DaveSin

I agree with you totally!! What we have here are a few individuals who are obsessed with a certain topic and are adept at beating a dead horse. These individuals typically use very few minutes and expect a provider to attend to their every needs, yet they use GV as their main provider and want to spend less than $1 per month for e911, demanding that a provider rep cater to their obsession. They so happen to repeat this obsessive behavior on the OBihai blog in order to satisfy their self-importance......troll alert!!
said by billaustin:

I'm really amazed at you people. You are planning to shun a provider, who has been in business many years, because they won't come here and explain their 911 setup to you? And you accuse them of cheating their 911 provider, based on the explanation of one person, who just happens to be one of their competitors?

VOIP providers are required, by law, to provide you with notice that the 911 service available is not traditional POTS 911 service and is not guaranteed to work. They are also required, by law, to provide you with 911 service. Anveo provides a low-cost 911 service, and has a reputation for being a quality provider.

If 911 Service is that important to you, then get a POTS line. Otherwise, do like everyone else, pick a provider and throw the dice.

userofdsl
join:2000-07-31
Somerville, MA

2 edits

userofdsl