spc
Search similar:

uniqs

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

Teksavvy SMTP server

I am a Teksavvy DSL customer, but through a reseller so my PPPoE account is @pppoe.ca not @teksavvy.com
Can I still use the SMTP server out.teksavvy.com with SMTP authentication ? If so, what should I use for the account and password ? (I tried the PPPoE account with and without the domain, but it did not work)

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

You should still be able to use out.teksavvy.com : 1025 with authentication if you have an @pppoe.ca email address.

toro
Scarborough, ON

toro

Unfortunately it doesn't work, I've already tried it. However, please note that I am using the PPPoE username and password. To my knowledge, I do not have an email account associated with that PPPoE account.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

To be clear, you mean you don't have an email with TekSavvy or PPPoE? Not the username to conenct but an actual email address?

toro
Scarborough, ON

toro

I only have a PPPoE account @pppoe.ca. As far as I know that account is not valid as an email address.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

You'll need an email for our server to authenticate you. Thus the reason you can't send email... post in the »/forum ··· avdirect forum with account info & we'll create you an email.

Martin