uniqs
rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

1 recommendation

rugby

Picked up new 15" rMacBook Pro yesterday

I finally had to upgrade from my trusty old 17" i5 macbook pro to a new machine. Spilled milk by my kid into the keyboard on the old macbook pro was making it behave strangely.

I have to say, as a 17" laptop user, this 15" machine is amazing. It's definitely smaller than the 17" AND you can scale the resolution on it up to 1920x1200 if you want to and it looks GREAT. Much warmer and sharper display and the speed is awesome!

I ended up with the 15"/2.6/16GB/768GB configuration and it's an amazing machine.

The only downside to it is the battery life compared to my 17" isn't as great. The battery is about 3/4 the capacity of my old machine but the power and screen are amazing.

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Awesome stuff! I wonder if and when Apple will make an 11" retina display.

My 11" MBA is working great but when I replace it it'll be with whatever the smallest retina display MacBook is out at the time!

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to rugby

Premium Member

to rugby

Re: Picked up new 15" rMacBook Pro yesterday

Nice!

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham to rugby

Premium Member

to rugby
Congrats! I recently purchased the 13" retina version and couldn't be happier to-date. It doesn't visually "feel" smaller than the 14.5" Dell work machine it's going to replace, either, but does weigh about half as much...heh...heh...

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to rugby

to rugby
congrats, I'm jealous.