All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to Pacrat

to Pacrat

Re: Sink Spray Heads - Do they all suck?

said by Pacrat:

My money's on that there's debris of sorts in your water. Whether it's hard water with subsequent lime accumulations, or periodic flushing of the water lines by the city, which stirs up an incredible amount of sediment in some areas. I've been in this house since 1975, and I've replaced one spray head. And that was because I replaced everything during a kitchen update. Now... if you want to talk about garbage disposals... that's a whole nuther story.

Would the debris cause the spray head to not release/turn-off when I release the handle?

Because our city has been VERY busy flushing/reflushing the water lines, and now they are digging up most of it for upgrades.

The spray head I bought 6 months ago already has rust-looking gunk stuck around the rim.

However what's breaking is the lever. It eventually falls off.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat

MVM

Bits of sediment can prevent the seal/gasket from sealing off and stopping the flow. Impatience/frustration is probably what's breaking the handle. It should only take two fingers to activate the spray. I'm guessing you're becoming very annoyed and squeezin' the life out of it. Check the aerator screeen on your faucet. I'll bet it gets quite a bit of "crap" accumulated in it, too.
popper
join:2006-05-30
Baton Rouge,

popper to alkizmo

to alkizmo

said by alkizmo See Profile
Would the debris cause the spray head to not release/turn-off when I release the handle?

There may be build up between the trigger and the housing. A quick cleaning would correct.

Another option for replacement: Shop for a complete faucet/ sprayer kit. Get the model number and simply order the side spray only (some can be $$).

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

1 recommendation

robbin to alkizmo

Mod

to alkizmo
said by alkizmo:

Have you tried replacing the diverter valve?