spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rdmiller
join:2005-09-23
Richmond, VA

rdmiller

Not grown here

Fortunately for America, we don't have any "home grown" terrorists! Those news stories about Lone Wolf terrorists being apprehended in the act of detonating their explosives are just government propaganda. Right.
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

Re: Not grown here

Thankfully, the vast majority of domestic terrorists and mundane criminals incredibly inept. Timothy McVeigh got caught because he didn't have a license plate on his getaway car. Drug mules are commonly caught because they can't be bothered to obey the speed limit. People kill their spouse the day after they purchase a ginormous life insurance policy, as if that isn't going to draw any unwanted attention from the investigating law enforcement agencies.

It occurs to me that if I was to run drugs, I'd make use of that handy dandy cruise control button, and ensure that my license plate, registration, running lights, etc, were all in good order.

One can almost sympathize with Tony Soprano, it's incredibly hard to find smart people if you're in his line of work.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

4 recommendations

Skippy25 to rdmiller

to rdmiller
So in your sorry world being that there may be less then .0000001% of the population out of 230+ million (thats 23 people) over a course of a couple decades that will do something stupid that would be considered a terrorist act and cost a few lives we should all give up all of our privacy and liberties?

More people will die due to drunk driving and other acts of shear stupidity by someone else in the next 12 months than ALL of the terrorist acts combined in the last 15 years. Should we therefore make all acts of stupidity a federal crime and thus reason to invade all privacy at any cost?

I have a better idea, how about morons like you just leave the country if you are that fearful of being hurt by a terrorist.
29393955 (banned)
Always the green wire
join:2011-09-11
Mount Juliet, TN

29393955 (banned)

Re: Not grown here

said by Skippy25:

More people will die due to drunk driving and other acts of shear stupidity by someone else in the next 12 months than ALL of the terrorist acts combined in the last 15 years. Should we therefore make all acts of stupidity a federal crime and thus reason to invade all privacy at any cost?

+100 and then some.....
At this point I'm FAR more worried about being 'falsely accused' - or run over by a train for that matter - than being killed in a "terrorist attack"!

We the "Sheeple" have given up 90% of our freedoms for a VERY FALSE sense of security.
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom to rdmiller

to rdmiller
You are being sarcastic? Because it is indisputably propaganda. Every one of the incidents you are thinking off were thought up by the FBI, and the fake explosives came from the FBI's workshops.