negativeduck
Premium Member
join:2002-02-14
Centreville, VA

1 recommendation

negativeduck to desgnconcpts

Premium Member

to desgnconcpts

Re: [Speed] 25mb speed only 0.4mbs in Lincoln Park!

Digging myself out of the hole from Last week...

Got it found it.. Sent information and stuff over to the local Chi guys to see if they can find the source.
desgnconcpts
join:2003-09-24

desgnconcpts

Bryan,
Thank you -- you guys have all been very helpful. I think things are better but their tests do show a high power level that's close to out-of-spec. If you hear back from the Chicago folks, be sure to let me know.
desgnconcpts

desgnconcpts to negativeduck

to negativeduck
Bryan -- just got a text from my daughter -- their service has been totally out for over the past hour. This is Internet AND Cable TV -- clearly something is wrong with however they are being fed signal.

I believe one of the girls has called tonight to make an appt for Thursday. However, my worry is that they will get told once again the problem is their Motorola Router/Modem (although that doesn't even have anything to do with their cable tv setup).

Once we changed the channel on the wireless, that helped but this outage again has nothing to do with the Cable TV side being out. I have to believe it's all related (the transmission power almost being out of spec and them losing both services tonight).

If you have a really good troubleshooting crew/individual you can put on this to help resolve, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Thank you.
negativeduck
Premium Member
Centreville, VA

negativeduck

Premium Member

I'll see if I can find the work order make sure the Chicago guys know what's up here. Yea the issue is *not* your modem.
desgnconcpts

desgnconcpts

Thank you!
If you need any more information from me, please let me know.
desgnconcpts

desgnconcpts

Bryan,
Sent you 2 PM's re the latest episode. Appears as if RCN customer service said they were charging $9 for a "refresh" signal. The problem as I think you know is outside the building -- either the drop from the utility pole or further upstream.
negativeduck
Premium Member
Centreville, VA

negativeduck

Premium Member

So couple things, first shot a note back over to Chicago to see where they stand. Now regarding the $9 fee I had someone from Customer service look and they could find no reference to this fee anywhere so it shouldn't be on your bill. They did see the troublecall was canceled on the 11/6 but there shouldn't be a for anything. Likewise the person I was speaking to had no idea what that fee could have even been in reference too atleast in this context.
desgnconcpts

desgnconcpts

Hi Bryan
Thank you for the follow up. I was in an all-day meeting, just now getting to go through my emails/messages.

Let me know what you find out re the Chi guys trying to fix their connection.