share rss forum feed

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

Locke & Key

It couldn't make it as a TV show, maybe it will find success as a movie?

Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez’s Locke & Key comic book series was adapted into the pilot for a TV show last year, as produced by former Fringe co-showrunners Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. It managed to generate a fair amount of advance buzz, but that wasn’t enough to prevent Fox, Syfy, and MTV from passing on it. Moreover, the show’s thunder was stolen by another television series based around the haunted house scenario (ie. the first season of American Horror Story).

However, Universal has now picked up the rights to a film based on the Locke & Key graphic novels, with Kurtzman and Orci onboard to both write and produce. If everything goes to plan, it will become the first in a trilogy of movies adapted from Hill and Rodriguez’ critically-acclaimed tale of supernatural mayhem and suspense.

»screenrant.com/locke-key-trilogy···to-orci/
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
I dunno, i never read Locke and Key.

I'll have to look it up.

I do wish they'd make an adaptation of Ferals to the big screen/showtime/hbo. It's a bloody "fun" comic. About were creatures [not werewolfs, but close].

It's about the only modern comic besides walking Dead that has gotten me hooked.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to darcilicious
I was looking at B&N and saw Joe Hill's book, Heart Shaped box.
I think I read it, and didn't like it.

Anyhow, I scanned down to the bottom of the page and there was a big "No fing way" bomb lurking there.
Joe Hill is the son of Stephen King.

So with a pedigree like that, I'm sure Locke & Key is interesting
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY
I thought Heart shaped box was great. I couldn't finish his second book, Horns.

Locke & Key is a messed up comic series.
--
Any it new they in one. You here for mine you here.
-JV