Search similar:

uniqs

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero

Premium Member

[Tech] BackBlaze Deal $25 for a whole year.

10 hours left...
»www.appsumo.com/backblaze/

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

Re: [Misc] BackBlaze Deal $25 for a whole year.

Any experience with them? Is it auto renew? Any caveats? I'd look myself, but time is short for me today, so hopefully you can answer for me. If it's good, I'd hate to miss it because I was busy.

mromero
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

mromero

Premium Member

no personal experience with them but I do know that Bon Scott uses it and he has raved about the service.

Recurring Billing
Backblaze will automatically re-bill your credit card each month, year, or every two years depending on the plan for which you signed up. For 1-year and 2-year plans, we will attempt to send an email ahead of time to remind you that your renewal is coming up. However, we cannot be responsible for emails that have not been received.

Canceling Service
To cancel your subscription, simply sign-in to your Account and click Cancel Subscription. Support representatives cannot cancel a subscription on your behalf.

»www.backblaze.com/paymen ··· nds.html

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium Member
join:2002-08-09
Forest Hills, NY

Dream Killer to mromero

Premium Member

to mromero
i have backblaze and i don't like it one bit. i'll be switching over to crashplan+ when my year is up.

mromero
Premium Member
Fullerton, CA

mromero

Premium Member

why dont you like it? Slow? Capped? I heard CrashPlan is very nice.

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium Member
join:2002-08-09
Forest Hills, NY

1 recommendation

Dream Killer

Premium Member

upload is *very* slow. i've never gotten anything past 2.5Mbps and i have 35Mbps upload. crashplan easily reaches between 7-10Mbps. this is my biggest issue.

backblaze does not support linux, which is what i use for my file server. i currently run a winxp vm and attached a fake iscsi drive to make backblaze run.

backblaze's program isn't very customizable. the only things tweakable are throttling, filetype/directory, encryption key and scheduling.

crashplan+ costs a bit cheaper for two years, has a larger feature set and backs up 3x-4x faster. it's a no brainer for me.
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

1 recommendation

voxframe to mromero

to mromero
Another ditto on BackBlaze sucking.

They were the best deal in town once upon a time. But their speed is utter dogshit. They say they don't throttle, and I call BS. Either they throttle, or their network is garbage.

Essentially if you have anything large to back up, forget it. You'll break down and pay for their media mailing. Must be their marketing gimmick.

I used to speak highly of these guys, but got the BS runaround from them time after time. Bad speed, zero development or progress on their backup utilities or strategies, and some seriously arrogant support.

Nope!