All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
zod5000
join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC

zod5000 to ravenchilde

to ravenchilde

Re: [BC] Did anyone else get an extra $3 hike this month?

The population per square km isn't always a good comparison. Most of Canada is wide open space with 0 population. 80% of the Canadian population live in the cities. The cities are much denser than 3.45/square km. I don't think including uninhabited lands provides a proper comparison when explaining our population densities.
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde

said by zod5000:

The population per square km isn't always a good comparison. Most of Canada is wide open space with 0 population. 80% of the Canadian population live in the cities. The cities are much denser than 3.45/square km. I don't think including uninhabited lands provides a proper comparison when explaining our population densities.

That is why there is also a reference to the lack of large government subsidies for broadband in Canada. There is an "AND" statement there.

If you can get the government to subsidize higher speed broadband rollouts, then you're gold. Then again, you'll have to pay for it one way or another: taxes, deficit spending, tariffs, etc.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

There is/was a large broadband subsidy in Canada.

One of the companies I used to work for in Manitoba got some of it, Xplornet got a lot of it as well.