site

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
This is a sub-selection from Gosh, that sounds familiar.

snoopy0815

join:2012-10-29
reply to XANAVirus

Re: Gosh, that sounds familiar.

said by XANAVirus:

If having phone service is that critical to you (and I presume it is), then you probably should have done your own due diligence and signed up for 2 or maybe even 3 competitors' VoIP services (or even gotten service from your Internet provider, if they have that).

Sure, I have backups. One on the West Coast and one with Sipgate in Europe. Works great. Should the average Joe be required to have a backup sip account? I guess if there are providers out there that do not have redundancy then yes.
FCC should regulate this market and mandate redundancies for sip providers and fine them if it fails.

The point is CC's communication to customers was terrible and there were just so many things wrong with the whole story from a non SIP standpoint.
No redundant website
Twitter posts deleted
Still no summary from the ceo about the ddos attacks
no communication on refunds for outages due to ddos and flooding
end of story.

nitzan
Premium,VIP
join:2008-02-27
kudos:8
said by snoopy0815:

FCC should regulate this market and mandate redundancies for sip providers and fine them if it fails.

Becareful what you wish for. If the FCC really does regulate the VOIP market and starts fining providers most providers you know will either close shop because the fines will kill them, or raise prices drastically to be able to keep up with the fines. I totally agree that every provider should have a disaster recovery plan in place and rather shocked that CC didn't (I always thought of them as a quality/reliable provider), but this kind of thing is better regulated by the market than the FCC. If people disagree with their handling of the situation the simple solution is find another provider that has a DR plan.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·flowroute
·Comcast
said by nitzan:

said by snoopy0815:

Becareful what you wish for. If the FCC really does regulate the VOIP market and starts fining providers most providers you know will either close shop because the fines will kill them, or raise prices drastically to be able to keep up with the fines. I totally agree that every provider should have a disaster recovery plan in place and rather shocked that CC didn't (I always thought of them as a quality/reliable provider), but this kind of thing is better regulated by the market than the FCC. If people disagree with their handling of the situation the simple solution is find another provider that has a DR plan.

+1
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$
This is a sub-selection from Gosh, that sounds familiar.