uniqs

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to clawfury

to clawfury

Re: [Raiding] Real ID and the LFR system

said by clawfury:

That's true, Eumaeus. However anyone wants to run a combined group is their business. I'm just sitting here trying to wrap my engineer's brain around the idea of how in the hell you get more gear in the guild by running together vs. separately. *mind melts*

you are looking at it from an individual chance pov. we are looking at keeping the gear in the guild/guilds. its ok it it goes to a "sister guild." in the end we are helping friends, not carrying strangers. if we fill up all 25 spots we guarantee that the loot stays within the combined guilds.

sorry i cant show my work, i only understood the theory behind the calculus, and that was some 12 years ago.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

If the 25 members did the runs individually, you'd have the same (statistical) amount of loot in the raid team as if you did one run of 25 players, because the presence of other people neither helps nor hurts your loot chances.

The drops can't be traded, y'know.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

said by Nick D:

If the 25 members did the runs individually, you'd have the same (statistical) amount of loot in the raid team as if you did one run of 25 players, because the presence of other people neither helps nor hurts your loot chances.

Yes i started this thread with the mindset of 5 pieces per 25 people. Now each person rolls. It is really not even a 4% chance. All 25 people could win or lose. I don't know Blizzards numbers. All we would be doing is insuring no asshats, and a smothe run.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I still think its a great idea... something different to do. I'm all for bolstering a community feel.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
It's a 15% chance, for the record. Per kill, and per coin.

I was clarifying for Venom/Scaith.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Nick D

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

dark... break out the calculator on this
you are right, drops cannot be traded. but I'm more concerned with loot going to our group than to any one individual.

while this does very little to increase the output of the individual within a normal raid, it strengthens the group's output as a whole. it's a holistic approach to gearing. think of it as loot council without the council.

edit: i totally understand what you are saying and statistically you are correct. /math respect
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

One of my pet peaves as RL and GM is getting people, like my self, that groan when it is plate or mail, that i cant use, to understand the guild concept. If it increases threat, dmg, or heals, it benefits the other 9 or 24 raiders.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
My raid has been queuing for LFR as a group while we wait for the last couple of people to finish gearing up. Personally, i don't queue as a tank solo for LFR because the other tank is a totally unknown quality. Thankfully, i'm a monk, so I can manage things like that and still get appropriate gear.

the bonus to queuing as a group is that you still feel like raiding, and you've got a group of people that is willing to get it cleared. It strengthens the group's output as a whole because you've already got people who are actively working together, and most likely have voice communications set up.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

We queue with 2 tanks a healer and a dps, having the tanks able to communicate is just awesome and makes the group go a lot faster.