dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
This is a sub-selection from Gosh, that sounds familiar.
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

nitzan to snoopy0815

Premium Member

to snoopy0815

Re: Gosh, that sounds familiar.

said by snoopy0815:

FCC should regulate this market and mandate redundancies for sip providers and fine them if it fails.

Becareful what you wish for. If the FCC really does regulate the VOIP market and starts fining providers most providers you know will either close shop because the fines will kill them, or raise prices drastically to be able to keep up with the fines. I totally agree that every provider should have a disaster recovery plan in place and rather shocked that CC didn't (I always thought of them as a quality/reliable provider), but this kind of thing is better regulated by the market than the FCC. If people disagree with their handling of the situation the simple solution is find another provider that has a DR plan.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

XCOM

Premium Member

said by nitzan:

said by snoopy0815:

FCC should regulate this market and mandate redundancies for sip providers and fine them if it fails.

Becareful what you wish for. If the FCC really does regulate the VOIP market and starts fining providers most providers you know will either close shop because the fines will kill them, or raise prices drastically to be able to keep up with the fines. I totally agree that every provider should have a disaster recovery plan in place and rather shocked that CC didn't (I always thought of them as a quality/reliable provider), but this kind of thing is better regulated by the market than the FCC. If people disagree with their handling of the situation the simple solution is find another provider that has a DR plan.

+1
This is a sub-selection from Gosh, that sounds familiar.