Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to compuguybna

Re: [HSI] Login for Cisco DPC3008 to see Logs and Detailed stats

Anyone else? None of these login's have worked.

Again, this is the Cisco DPC3008. the one Charter is currently providing.
Been sorta laggy in the past few days (same thing i was experiencing earlier). Need to check out the modem logs.

There is no way to look at the DOCSIS logs without this login and password. Only want to see these logs, not to change anything (why would i screw up any settings?)

norton

join:2005-08-03
Howard City, MI
reply to cryptic1911

++

cryptic1911

join:2010-01-24
Willimantic, CT
reply to INtheKnow

Oh and just to clarify, I have a DPC3010, and the chtrtech / charter login worked for me

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

Not sure of the major differences in the 3008 and the 3010.

said by cryptic1911:

Oh and just to clarify, I have a DPC3010, and the chtrtech / charter login worked for me

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

Still a no go, huh?

Fine piece of equipment you have there!!

anhisr

join:2001-12-01
Ballwin, MO

chtrtech/charter worked

compuguybna

Nashville, TN

On the DPC 3008 ? ? ? ? ? ?

said by anhisr:

chtrtech/charter worked

nightshade74
Yet another genxer
Premium
join:2004-11-06
Prattville, AL

said by compuguybna:

On the DPC 3008 ? ? ? ? ? ?

On the DPC 3010 it works -- but still doesnt give
any access to 'log data'.

What happens if you leave everything blank and click
"Login"?

Warboy

join:2008-12-20
Kansas City, MO

This worked for me on my DPC3008 but only gave me a logout button.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
reply to compuguybna

Any "login info" provided that doesn't provide access to the modem logs really isn't a useful login, is it?

jchl89

join:2004-03-04
Rosemead, CA
reply to compuguybna

any one got any new info on this modem? Even the charter tech didn't know the password to this modem.

koma3504
Advocate
Premium
join:2004-06-22
North Richland Hills, TX
reply to compuguybna

chtrtech Charter@11

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to compuguybna

It seems now that Charter wants everyone to user a Charter modem so they can control what info we can see or lock us out of the modem settings and logs.

So i guess if you can't see the logs you can tell if you have a bad enough problem to make a service call. So now you have to call and have them look at it, they send a tech and if it is not a Charter problem they charge you for the service call. I don't think we should be locked out of the logs and if we are we should not be charged for service calls because we can not see what might be wrong by the logs to help us fix/ID the problems.

jchl89

Rosemead, CA

i agree. i hate not being able to look into the modem. The password chtrtech Charter@11 didn't work =[. I work with enterprise networks at work and i'm all about diagnostics, now they've locked me out of viewing that. terrible!

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

1 edit
reply to mmainprize

Charter could've always locked users out from the modems connected to their network, customer owned or not.

Certain modems/models have almost always required logins to see any or more than limited diagnostics, such as Cisco/SciAtl and Ubee modems. Doesn't matter who's network they're on, the default configs for many of those require a login.
--
Two is one, one is none. If it's important, back it up... Somethimes 99.999% availability isn't even good enough.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

Yes that is true, but until now i think this is the first time no one from charter has come along and given out the password.

So now they have locked us out in this case.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
reply to jchl89

said by jchl89:

i agree. i hate not being able to look into the modem. The password chtrtech Charter@11 didn't work =[. I work with enterprise networks at work and i'm all about diagnostics, now they've locked me out of viewing that. terrible!

Charter is doing anything and everything to either make that last ungodly dollar or save it, at all costs!

Totally unacceptable
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

jchl89

Rosemead, CA
reply to jchl89

anyone who gets the DPC3008 ask the tech for the password if possible! It's so irritating to me that i'm not able to view diagnostics and logs.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

No one has discovered it since 11/2012, when I first started this thread . . . . . .Still a mystery!

said by jchl89:

anyone who gets the DPC3008 ask the tech for the password if possible! It's so irritating to me that i'm not able to view diagnostics and logs.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

The only way I could log in was to leave both entry boxes blank and click log in.

My old Moto SB5101 allowed me to see logs and anything else I wanted to.

Has anyone called Charter tech support and asked for a tier two tech with this question. Surely someone must know it.

Maybe the real motive behind forcing all customers to have Charter provided modems was so that they wouldn't be denying customers that OWNED their own modems the data they would have been entitled to otherwise. Very sneaky.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

BUT that doesn't supply you any additional information other than what is already on the 192.168.100.1 page.

If you were to call, they'd ask WHY you want or need the login.

said by 15444104:

The only way I could log in was to leave both entry boxes blank and click log in.

Premium

Exactly comp.

The other buttons that you show in your original post are ABSENT, the only one there is DOSIS WAN tab.

I'll call them, obviously it was fine with them for me to see my logs on my old modem why now it is "not ok" to see the exact same information? I bet they won't have a reasonable answer to that of course. LOL

Somebody that posted in the Linksys community forums stated that you could log in correctly by pressing the reset button on the rear of the modem for at least 30 seconds. Then use
" admin " (without the quotes) in BOTH the user name and password boxes.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

already did that! No success

said by 15444104:

Somebody that posted in the Linksys community forums stated that you could log in correctly by pressing the reset button on the rear of the modem for at least 30 seconds. Then use
" admin " (without the quotes) in BOTH the user name and password boxes.

Premium

Did you turn the modem OFF before you pressed reset?

What did they give as an answer?

Did you insist on speaking to a tier 2 tech?

shovelDriver

@charter.com

When resetting the modem and attempting to login as Admin/admin, make sure you disconnect the external cable, otherwise the Charter network will take control and lock it down.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

that's sorta pointless, as I would want to be connected to the network where I can actually get the readings from the network from the modem.

said by shovelDriver :

When resetting the modem and attempting to login as Admin/admin, make sure you disconnect the external cable, otherwise the Charter network will take control and lock it down.

cork1958
Cork
Premium

Sounds like Charter is messing with both of us compuguybna
as most of the time I can't access my own Zoom modem anymore and I never needed a password or anything.

»Can't access Zoom modem config page
--
The Firefox alternative.

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

I dont guess its really needed or required NOW, since the modem is working good, and the speeds are good.....BUT, I like to see what's going on and be able to partly diagnose an issue SHOULD it arise. BEFORE calling the drones in the call center....
Amazing though, all the CISCO DPC3008 modems out there, and no one has ever been able to access the modem log page.

said by cork1958:

Sounds like Charter is messing with both of us compuguybna
as most of the time I can't access my own Zoom modem anymore and I never needed a password or anything.

»Can't access Zoom modem config page

cork1958
Cork
Premium

No, not REALLY important AS LONG AS the modem is working properly, but yeah, I know where you're coming from when you can't do something that you've always been able to do before and should be able to do at anytime, with ANY modem!!
--
The Firefox alternative.

jeffro

join:2007-04-20
Bay City, MI
reply to compuguybna

My DPC3010's light are all green now. Downstream and online used to be orange. Everything is running fine. Anyone elses change?