spc
uniqs
BobWadd
join:2005-12-15
Ocala, FL

BobWadd to rendrenner

to rendrenner

Re: CCs losing authorization in TiVo S3

Well the firmware I have is dated 2006. According to Comcast this is the latest for the 600 series cards. So they decided to change my cards out for 800 series with firmware dated 2010.

Easy enough you say. Well, you would think so. First appointment is set up. They ask if they can have some time to procure CCs. No problem, I'm going on vacation anyway. I return and get the automated confirmation call and confirm for the next day. About an hour into the appointment window the tech calls. Surprise, he has no CCs. He calls his supervisor, call me back and say the supervisor assured him CCs would be available in a few days. We setup another appointment and guess what. Same thing happens. So we try it again. An appointment is scheduled a week out to once again give the time to acquire CCs. This time a different tech calls and he does have CCs granted it's one 600 and one 800. The cards are inserted and recognized. It goes downhill from there. It turns out the cards are in their system as J-Status. This status identifies the cards as stolen. So the cards are pulled back out and the old ones reinserted. One of the cards will not pair properly. Why don't we try it one more time! So... once again I receive a call from a tech. No CCs again. Now I'm waiting for a call back to find out the status.

Please realize that this has now been going on for over a year with no resolution. The cards are losing authorization much more often that they used to. Also, Executive Customer Care is involved and has been less than useful. They are now giving me no more service credits as I have been told I reached the limit. I have no clue as what to do next. In the past I had filed a complaint with the FCC. Comcasts response was, "We're working on it" that was the end of that. I have also filed a complaint with my states franchise authority and am awaiting a reply.

Any suggestions as to my next step would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Bob
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

tell them that you have hit the limit of dealing with them and thinking of switching to a differnt system.
BobWadd
join:2005-12-15
Ocala, FL

BobWadd

I would gladly do that if there was another cable co in the area. My only other option would be satellite and that will not work with my TiVo.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

to bad you can't get Bright House Networks.

Yes they do make you pay to rent the SDV tuner but there HD line up is way better then comcast.