Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RAGEAngel9

join:2002-05-11
Savage, MN

[MN] Semi-frequent Connection Drop out

Hey guys,
I'm in the Savage,MN area and have not even had my service for a week.
In that time, I have had some what often times where my web surfing drops.
If I have a ping of google or something going, it usually continues, although the latency may go up. However, almost all web traffic stops. It also seems to kill streaming from Netflix or Hulu.

At first I thought it was my router. I bought a Netgrear WNDR3700v4. After a couple of days of frustration, I switched back to my old WRT54GL. The same general issues occur. Both have the newest firmware version I could find.
Now I'm becoming more suspect that it is the modem or connection outside. I have a Cisco DPC3825 from MediaCom, although I have a SB6121 on order since I don't want to pay the fee.

I have to retry directly connecting to the modem to see if it occurs. It seemed to occur previously, but I wasn't watching it that closely then.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks.

pjschwartz

join:2005-03-25
Savage, MN

I'm in Savage too, but am experiencing no issues with service (Max). Ping times of 32ms, 19m down and 3m up. I did notice this week that I'm no longer bonding across multiple channels on my downstream (Cisco DPC3000).

RAGEAngel9

join:2002-05-11
Savage, MN

Can you tell me how to check that myself?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

You can check your speeds by going to speedtest.net. Once you check your speeds, if you are having issues, send me an IM with your account or phone number and i will be happy to look into this for you.