how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Crotonmark

@mycingular.net

1 edit

FIOS Internet dead - Verizon stumped - please help

Tech replaced the box outside my house. No Internet signal at the box(tested using a laptop directly connected to the box). Two techs have been to my house since Sunday. Both said a card needed to be replaced in the central office. Tonight phone tech support said they need to send a third tech to work at the box.
I get an IP address on my computer. My linksys router has all lights lit incl Internet light. The Verizon router doesn't get a WAN port light.
At times I can ping and/or traceroute.

Can anyone help?

KeepCalling

@verizon.net
If you are located in Brooklyn possibly routing issues. Did this occur around Sandy timeframe?

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ
you should post this either on the vz direct forum or contact them on facebook

batsona
Maryland

join:2004-04-17
Ellicott City, MD
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Crotonmark
VZ should verify the light-level in the box in the neighborhood, that does that 1-to-16 split (or whatever the ratio.. can't remember).. and verify integrity between that point, an the tap that you're connected to, for your house.

I wonder how many times they're going to look at / replace your ONT, before they realize that it's not at fault. How many times would a car dealership replace the radiator cap, trying to fix a problem with all the fluid leaking out of the bottom hose of the radiator...?