how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

unhappylady

@att.net

Comcast is ripping off my 90 year old mother

»forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-S···e#M28369

And I STILL haven't received an email from Comcast that I was promised last Friday!

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
Your link doesn't give too many specifics. Others I am sure can give you information what to do better then I. But I am curious.. you are sure your mother is being over-charged for services received.. how much over-charged? She continues to pay the fee thinking it is the current/appropriate charge?

unhappylady

@att.net
The specifics would take me hours to type. If the people at Comcast would have keep their word, I and my mother could have been doing things a lot more productive and a lot less stressful than wasting time and effort on fighting with Comcast.

My mother is being charged over 72 dollars per month for the cable TV starter package, and that's not the only problem.

Is anyone on this forum a Comcast employee with the authority to actually do something?

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
you can reach an employee directly here: »Comcast Direct

Master Wolfe

join:2009-04-04
Panama City, FL

1 recommendation

reply to unhappylady
Neither here nor there do you provide ANY info on your complaint. Without details, you won't receive any more help than you've gotten so far.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to unhappylady
You mean Digital Starter? Sounds about right actually, pricewise. Cable's not cheap anymore. If that's what your fight is, then you're really wasting your time, but if you ask nicely, you might get a promotional rate. Although I'm guessing a 90 year old has little use for the internet or VoIP.

So if there are other problems, what are they?

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to unhappylady
said by unhappylady :

The specifics would take me hours to type. If the people at Comcast would have keep their word, I and my mother could have been doing things a lot more productive and a lot less stressful than wasting time and effort on fighting with Comcast.

My mother is being charged over 72 dollars per month for the cable TV starter package, and that's not the only problem.

Is anyone on this forum a Comcast employee with the authority to actually do something?

This site is a private site and not affiliated with Comcast or any other provider. This is just one of many forums here, as well as news, usually pertaining to Broadband.

Although, there is a direct link, that is monitored by Comcast Employees. You will find it on the main page. You just need to register and then you can post your issues there. Suggest being as specific as possible. Another poster has already posted the link.

In this forum, there are many who are very knowledgeable and could answer your questions, if there was more information.

Good Luck. hth

unhappylady

@att.net
I sent an email to the so-called 'corporate team' at we_can_help@cable.comcast.com over 26 hours ago and STILL haven't received an email back and STILL haven't received an email that was promised last Friday. In the email I sent yesterday I included my mother's account number so that they could look up the record of my phone calls which, according to the last person I talked to at Comcast, are "well documented".

hortnut
Huh?

PNW
Reviews:
·Comcast
Sorry, no one here can be of any help without more information. Sorry for your frustrations.

None of us have a Crystal Ball nor can read minds.

Could post on Comcast Twitter Accounts, though I just looked at them and they are focused heavily on SuperStorm Sandy. Have you given thought, that Corporate may be busy with that and getting those customers who do not have access up and running again. Here is one of the "Official" ones:
»en.twitter.com/comcast

Suggest Google the string "comcast twitter" for those accounts.

Again highly recommend registering on this site and then posting your problem/s on the Comcast Direct Forum:
»Comcast Direct

Remember there is more than one way to skin a cat.

hth

dunnowha

@myvzw.com
reply to unhappylady
said by unhappylady :

THAT is the only specific offered. Nothing wrong with that. Your mothers age doesn't change everyday rates.

hortnut
Huh?

PNW
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to unhappylady
I have been with Comcast for some time, as many who read and post in this forum. I also have had Dish in the past. I have also been on the other side of the phone as a CSR for a variety of Companies.

Today I called Comcast about my Parent's Bill, which I monitor online. They are 93 and 90.

I was able to get it reduced and at the same time upgraded them to Digital Preferred to get Turner Classic Movies and added other movie channels. Locked into a lower monthly fee for 24 months without a Contract or ETF fees.

It was a painless transaction.

Understand that things can go sideways at times with any Company.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
said by hortnut:

Today I called Comcast about my Parent's Bill, which I monitor online. They are 93 and 90.

I was able to get it reduced and at the same time upgraded them to Digital Preferred to get Turner Classic Movies and added other movie channels. Locked into a lower monthly fee for 24 months without a Contract or ETF fees.

It was a painless transaction.

Could be the diffence between a reasonable negotiation and "fighting with Comcast"