Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Poser

join:2002-07-28
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

I hate to be a prick but...

I called Rogers to cancel my internet service. They have pillaged me enough with their usage caps over the years. Enough is enough! So I called to cancel, spoke to Ron who has the patience of rock.

I asked him to cancel.
He asked why.
I said, I found a better deal else where.
He said, I can offer you 70% off because you've been a customer for 25 years and you have TV with us.
I said, No.
He said, May I ask why?
I said, Yes.

I feel bad for doing this, but I waited a good 30 seconds before he spoke again.

He went on to say to return the modem to a store after the cancellation date and that e-mail, virus protection would stop working once service was cancelled.

He asked again, May I ask why you are still willing to cancel even after I've offered you 70% off?

I said, Sure.

There was silence again for about 5 seconds. And then he said, So you're not going to answer me?

I said, I did answer you.

Then he said, Do you have other reasons do you have for not accepting our offer?

I said, Yes.

He asked, What are those reasons?

I said, I do not feel comfortable sharing them with you.

Then he said, the cancellation is under way, Thanks for choosing rogers.

I said, Thank have a good night.

I feel bad, but if Rogers can offer my $52.99 internet package for $16.00 why don't they do that in the first place? Or just make it $25, then you're still making money. I'm sorry to say, but if I can prevent giving those goons anymore money that I need to, I will.

I know Teksavvy gives them a portion of the money I'm going to give them.

I hate Canada.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

All very well to say "I hate Canada", but you'll find similar nonsense wherever you go in the world. The only thing that changes is the flavour of the crap you are dished out.

Expand your moderator at work

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to Poser

Re: I hate to be a prick but...

Well that showed him...
Not to mention how stupid that was.
He was only just asking you if you would like to share the reasons for your decision in canceling your service. You answered "Yes" to him asking if he may ask why, implying you were going to share with him your reasons. You could have simply said no instead of being just that in your subject title as you had no intentions on helping him do his job. There are also such easier ways in going about receiving said discounts... even better ones at that than threatening to walk. Oh well.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

PoserMobile

@rogers.com
reply to sbrook

Nothing you can do about it. Thats what feels the worst.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to Poser

said by Poser:

I feel bad, but if Rogers can offer my $52.99 internet package for $16.00 why don't they do that in the first place? Or just make it $25, then you're still making money. I'm sorry to say, but if I can prevent giving those goons anymore money that I need to, I will.

You're a good person Poser.

You have done what hundreds of thousands of us will be doing sooner or later. Your thoughts and reasons are our thoughts and reasoning. We will all be leaving Rogers at some point. Rogers gives us no choice.

Congratulations for having the courage to act on your beliefs. We know how you feel after many, many years of Rogers price hikes and abuse. There was a time when we were proud to have Rogers, Sadly, that time is part of history.

Best of luck in your future endeavors........

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON
reply to elitefx

Yes My Contracts ends next year and I have everything with them and I'm going to really consider to renew with them next spring

effram

join:2012-11-01
Orangeville, ON
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

said by Poser:

You're a good person Poser.

You have done what hundreds of thousands of us will be doing sooner or later. Your thoughts and reasons are our thoughts and reasoning. We will all be leaving Rogers at some point. Rogers gives us no choice.

Congratulations for having the courage to act on your beliefs. We know how you feel after many, many years of Rogers price hikes and abuse. There was a time when we were proud to have Rogers, Sadly, that time is part of history.

Best of luck in your future endeavors........

Sadly Rogers, and their major competitor, make their money on the backs of the ignorant and the lazy. I honestly don't think they could continue to make an "acceptable" profit by offering a "fair" price to everybody. The people that choose, by default, to get gouged are subsidizing the "deals" that disgruntled consumers receive. I say good on Poser for choosing not to be part of that messed up system any more.

Once the majority of people become educated on just how much of a premium they are paying to stay with Rogers I'm thinking more of them than not will overcome their laziness and switch to a reseller.

Netbugger

@rogers.com
reply to Poser

I said, I do not feel comfortable sharing them with you.
Why would you not tell them it's because of the caps? The more attrition the caps generate, the more likely they are to increase them. If you don't tell them, the cancellation reason will be listed as "not given" and not attributed to the cap.

Poser

1 recommendation

The ultimate reason is I don't like how Rogers does business. I have to call and cancel to get their best pricing? Ridiculous.

Phil_M

@rogers.com

Everyone hates Rogers. They should do a poll because I can't name one of my friends that isn't physically enraged when someone brings up that company.

I cancelled last month and the guy tried offer me discounts, I stopped him mid sentence because I didn't want him to waste his breath. That company needs an exodus of clients so they learn that gouging your customers has consequences. I've been with rogers for 2 decades, and I'll honestly never deal with them again for anything. If they start making kidneys and I'm dying.. I'll die.

biznatch11

join:2004-11-21
London, ON
reply to Poser

You should have told him exactly why you're cancelling. If there's any chance of them changing their ways they need to know these kinds of things. I was very clear when I cancelled my cable with Rogers that it was simply much too expensive and not worth it for the small number of channels I actually watch.

Poser

Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Why give them that information? How will that benefit me?

For years they have been gouging me, and like a fool I accepted it. Now that I have stood up for a change, I don't feel like contributing to their success any longer, as a customer or as an ex-customer.

rradina

join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO
reply to Netbugger

All kinds of reasons were given. Poser said it was for a better deal. When 70% off was rejected, the reason didn't change. It's still "for a better deal". Better deal doesn't always mean better price and in this case, I think it's safe to assume that after 70% off was rejected, price wasn't the only meaning behind "better deal". The longevity of the customer also suggests a customer who is very dissatisfied.

If Rodgers is paying attention, the reason given is "left for better deal and rejected counter offer". IMO -- that says it all.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Poser

said by Poser:

Why give them that information? How will that benefit me?

Because if enough people leave, citing the usage caps, Rogers might (might) actually decide to compete on that basis. And competition is good for the consumer.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to sbrook

I guess you've never travelled outside of Canada because i've found the opposite to be true.

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to Poser

I'm also planning on ditching these thieves (Rogers) with my cable internet, I already left their TV cable and wireless phone business for WIND and Dish Network, tell me how you find Teksavvy, I want to try them out.

Stewy
Premium
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON
reply to Poser

said by Poser:

if Rogers can offer my $52.99 internet package for $16.00 why don't they do that in the first place?

It's called the science of Maximum Customer Tolerance, this is just the script they follow according to your tolerance of the insane gouging, theft and scams they impose on their customer base.

Since there's no consumer protection and let's just say practice unethical industry symmetry, with telecoms in this country you don't pay for what the service is worth you pay according to how much they can get away with. For most that's simply the corporate way in Canada now.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

1 recommendation

Otherwise known as "Charging what the market will bear" (as opposed to charging what the product actually costs + reasonable markup)

It's the problem with the "free market" system. While in theory competition brings down the amount the market will bear ... there's the new theory on competition "If he can get away with it, so can I" ... which is why we see continuous rounds of price increases ... Rogers puts up their price, so Bell follows suit and they are now equivalent pricing (or in the new idiom ... they are now competitive again).

It's the same problem in so many things ... energy being the biggie in recent years. Never mind what it costs to get it out of the ground ... we're charged based on what people in offices think they can gouge us with in their own trading wars based on getting their own cuts!

It's all a huge fraud.

fred999

join:2012-02-09
Scarborough, ON

All true... but when in the history of the world has it been otherwise?

The only difference now is, we have methods to communicate our displeasure, and hopefully these same methods will force a change.

MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL
reply to Poser

If enough people ditch this company. Things will change since their profits will go down. This will cause them to raise prices, increasing the number of people leaving the company.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

If it was me on the phone, I would have told the CSR that the only way I would take that offer was IF I was given the 70% off price RETROACTIVELY for the previous 5 years as well. LOL

Stewy
Premium
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON
reply to MJB

said by MJB:

If enough people ditch this company. Things will change since their profits will go down. This will cause them to raise prices, increasing the number of people leaving the company.

Well it's all irrelevant since the TPIA Tariffs still makes them a very hefty profit. It's not Rogers or Bell that's the problem it's the industry as a whole along with an inept and consumer hostile regulatory body.

How can the regulatory body have an integrity when they knowingly allow telecoms to make 5000% profit per txt msg. Either they are to stupid to be there or they know exactly what they're doing.

Poser

reply to 15444104

Well there's an idea! LOL.

Someone from Rogers called yesterday. No doubt it was to try to make a last ditch effort to retain me as a customer. A little too late for that!