share rss forum feed

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Poser

Re: I hate to be a prick but...

said by Poser:

Why give them that information? How will that benefit me?

Because if enough people leave, citing the usage caps, Rogers might (might) actually decide to compete on that basis. And competition is good for the consumer.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to sbrook
I guess you've never travelled outside of Canada because i've found the opposite to be true.

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to Poser
I'm also planning on ditching these thieves (Rogers) with my cable internet, I already left their TV cable and wireless phone business for WIND and Dish Network, tell me how you find Teksavvy, I want to try them out.

Stewy
Premium
join:2007-12-12
Kitchener, ON
reply to Poser
said by Poser:

if Rogers can offer my $52.99 internet package for $16.00 why don't they do that in the first place?

It's called the science of Maximum Customer Tolerance, this is just the script they follow according to your tolerance of the insane gouging, theft and scams they impose on their customer base.

Since there's no consumer protection and let's just say practice unethical industry symmetry, with telecoms in this country you don't pay for what the service is worth you pay according to how much they can get away with. For most that's simply the corporate way in Canada now.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

1 recommendation

Otherwise known as "Charging what the market will bear" (as opposed to charging what the product actually costs + reasonable markup)

It's the problem with the "free market" system. While in theory competition brings down the amount the market will bear ... there's the new theory on competition "If he can get away with it, so can I" ... which is why we see continuous rounds of price increases ... Rogers puts up their price, so Bell follows suit and they are now equivalent pricing (or in the new idiom ... they are now competitive again).

It's the same problem in so many things ... energy being the biggie in recent years. Never mind what it costs to get it out of the ground ... we're charged based on what people in offices think they can gouge us with in their own trading wars based on getting their own cuts!

It's all a huge fraud.

fred999

join:2012-02-09
Scarborough, ON
All true... but when in the history of the world has it been otherwise?

The only difference now is, we have methods to communicate our displeasure, and hopefully these same methods will force a change.

MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL
reply to Poser
If enough people ditch this company. Things will change since their profits will go down. This will cause them to raise prices, increasing the number of people leaving the company.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
If it was me on the phone, I would have told the CSR that the only way I would take that offer was IF I was given the 70% off price RETROACTIVELY for the previous 5 years as well. LOL

Stewy
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

If enough people ditch this company. Things will change since their profits will go down. This will cause them to raise prices, increasing the number of people leaving the company.

Well it's all irrelevant since the TPIA Tariffs still makes them a very hefty profit. It's not Rogers or Bell that's the problem it's the industry as a whole along with an inept and consumer hostile regulatory body.

How can the regulatory body have an integrity when they knowingly allow telecoms to make 5000% profit per txt msg. Either they are to stupid to be there or they know exactly what they're doing.

Poser

join:2002-07-28
reply to 15444104
Well there's an idea! LOL.

Someone from Rogers called yesterday. No doubt it was to try to make a last ditch effort to retain me as a customer. A little too late for that!

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Poser
They'll only discount one service and rape you on your others. Good move.

I'd be happy if Rogers just had decent caps. C'MON ROGERS! CAPS ARE NO GOOD!
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Rogers Hi-Speed
Rogers wouldn't have to do THAT much in terms of price and caps to retain customers - and I don't mean 1-year discounts, I mean adjusting the regular prices. The independents are still a relatively low share of the market, so maybe they're not that worried yet.

Stewy
Premium
Kitchener, ON
said by MichelR:

so maybe they're not that worried yet.

They'll never get worried until real competition comes in and the "friends" they have in low places will make sure it stays like that. Remember they're well trained and won't bite the hand that feeds it.