spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser

Cancelled Rogers! Party in here!

Hello folks,

I finally did it. Freed myself from the shackles of the tyrant! Now, some questions for the experts.

To minimize, if not eliminate downtime altogether, what should I do?

The cancellation date is December 5th, 2012. This is when I need to take the modem back to Rogers. What day should I ask Teksavvy to set me up when I fill out the form online?

Thanks!

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz

Premium Member

Hi There,

There will be a section in the form that says "Are you currently with Rogers?" Check yes. It will ask for a cancellation date. Set it as December 5th. The transfer will be processed for that date.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, we look forward to having you as a customer!

moffa
join:2007-10-14
North York, ON

moffa to Poser

to Poser
Welcome! TekSavvy is miles ahead of Rogers.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Poser

Premium Member

to Poser
Woot Woot!!!
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru to moffa

to moffa
said by moffa:

how many miles are we talking about?
maxboha
join:2012-05-12

maxboha

said by Guru:

said by moffa:

how many miles are we talking about?

Miles ? what are miles lol

just kiding
Expand your moderator at work

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to Poser

Premium Member

to Poser

Re: Cancelled Rogers! Party in here!

Congrats! I assume you are going to keep using cable internet? If so make sure you have your modem and router ready.

It is entirely possible to have Robbers service turned down on the same day as your TSI service comes online since it's Robbers that does the actual provisioning on their end.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to moffa

to moffa
said by moffa:

Miles ahead my a$$
If it wasn't for my 150/10 from robbers, these two TSI leechers would be having a pretty hard time leeching a 43GB distro; wouldn't you say? lol... I highly doubt these TSI connections are capable of seeding anything remotely close what I'm doing, I should know I had TSI but it just isn't comparable to robbers high end tiers ATM. I pumped out 209GB in 3 days, it would take these two leechers 30 days each to pump that much out. Talk about miles now
I hope teksavvy realizes they really need to offer higher end tiers. I would come back in a heartbeat if they did.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

If you want to avoid any possible loss of service, simply have TSI activate the service sooner (before your Rogers cancellation date), you'll be able to have both service active at the same time (and this is actually a good thing since Rogers doesn't guarantee TSI activation until midnight, but mine happened 1 hour after the the tech left).

Once you're happy with your TSI, you can actually return the Rogers modem before your end date and they will end your service early.
donl
join:2010-04-23
Brampton, ON

donl to Poser

to Poser
Just hope that there won't be a 2 months TSI Cable outage this coming holiday season...

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

JenSuisUn to technocar2

Premium Member

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

said by moffa:

I pumped out 209GB in 3 days, it would take these two leechers 30 days each to pump that much out. Talk about miles now
I hope teksavvy realizes they really need to offer higher end tiers. I would come back in a heartbeat if they did.
[att=1]

Yet that leaves you with a measly 40GB for 27 days of the month & while you will stop doing what you doing to manage your bandwidth usage or Pay an exorbitant amount of money because you go over... these TekSavvy users will continue to use their service like they wanted for the complete month with no worries of how much they use or having to pay extras.

At the end of the day, price/bandwidth/speeds I think TekSavvy has a much better deal.

Just saying! We may be turtles but we still win the race
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

1 edit

The Mongoose to technocar2

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

said by moffa:

Miles ahead my a$$
If it wasn't for my 150/10 from robbers, these two TSI leechers would be having a pretty hard time leeching a 43GB distro; wouldn't you say? lol... I highly doubt these TSI connections are capable of seeding anything remotely close what I'm doing, I should know I had TSI but it just isn't comparable to robbers high end tiers ATM. I pumped out 209GB in 3 days, it would take these two leechers 30 days each to pump that much out. Talk about miles now
[att=1]

And now you're going to slam into the cap in about 12 hours, with 27 days to go. All this can be yours for just $123/month! Plus modem rental. Plus the freedom and peace of mind that only a Rogers contract can truly provide.

I wouldn't trade TSI for your plan if you paid me $500 up front.
jibby
join:2008-03-31

jibby

iirc i saw in the Rogers forum that technocar2 got 70% off internet

i hate to say it, but even with the full overcharge for exceeding the cap it's still a pretty sweet deal

that's of course, assuming that Rogers gets his discounts right every month

i wish him good luck with that
Expand your moderator at work
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn

Re: Cancelled Rogers! Party in here!

said by JenSuisUn:

That's it, I'm blocking ALL TSI leechers from now on. No more Mr. Nice guy!

lol...just kidding , I get 70% off so its unlimited usage for me for the fraction of the cost. If you look at Mbits for Mbits on unlimited usage, then I'm paying $0.92 per Mbit plus 10 mbps upload where as TSI ends up being $2.2 per Mbit and only 1 mbps upload.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

So by saying you have 70% off, compared to the whole lot of other users on Rogers, you're part of the 0.01 percentile that is actually getting that. What about all other users on Rogers... You my friend are the exception to the rule... It's great for you & it's better pricing that for sure. But for everyone else that don't have ridiculously cheap deals, may see otherwise. Can anyone that has that tier simply say they can get the same deal as you... I doubt that it'd be the case.
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by JenSuisUn:

Can anyone that has that tier simply say they can get the same deal as you... I doubt that it'd be the case.

As far as I know, that is the case. Anyone who knows about this deal can get this deal just by calling in and making up fake story that they were offered that deal earlier, they are not saying no to anyone.

But honestly, I would gladly come back to teksavvy if you get the same kind speeds on cable 150/10 or even 75/10 and kept the prices in check as dsl will not do me any justice because I'm too far from bell's remote, otherwise I would have gotten TSI 25/10.

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33 to Poser

to Poser
all rogers customers must cancel their service for it to be a party..

bankrupt them.. no cash from subscribers (internet, cable tv, home phone, wireless, wireless internet.. )

same as bell, cogeco, videotron, and other companies that rip you off with ubb

their profits will be screwed

Upsidedown
@utoronto.ca

Upsidedown to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

Yet that leaves you with a measly 40GB for 27 days of the month & while you will stop doing what you doing to manage your bandwidth usage or Pay an exorbitant amount of money because you go over... these TekSavvy users will continue to use their service like they wanted for the complete month with no worries of how much they use or having to pay extras.

At the end of the day, price/bandwidth/speeds I think TekSavvy has a much better deal.

TSI MARTIN, you're assuming that technocar2 has a standard 150/10 package, which may or may not be true. For all you know, he could have a non standard contract or he's just blowing the max and paying the overage till it hits the overage cap. Either way, you're assuming quite a bit to up-sell your company.

Also, TSI may have good price/cap, but not necessarily speed. Some of us want to pay a little more for 100Mbit+ but since TSI has decided to hang on to its dis-aggregated model, we have to stay with Rogers. So Speedwise, TSI is absolutely pathetic. Rogers and Bell are less pathetic in speeds, but atrocious in usage cap. Meanwhile, our allies across the pond are enjoying 1Gb/1Gb for cheap with no caps.

Turtles and Rabbits, maybe... Although its sad to use geriatric turtles and rabbits as speed demos. This country has yet to hit the renaissance of the information age, so any competition within is just dark age blabbing.

Poser

Poser

If he wants to pay over $220 dollars for super fast uncapped internet thats fine.

Even for my heavy usage, 28/1mbps is going to be plenty.

P.S Got the modem today!

TSILiz
Premium Member

TSILiz to Poser

Premium Member

to Poser
Glad to hear! If you have any questions about the service feel free to ask.
nightowl3
join:2012-11-09

nightowl3 to Poser

to Poser
joke is on him when rogers discontinues his discount in 6 months to a year.

Poser

Poser

December 5th can't come soon enough! With Rogers customers getting the speed upgrade by December 1st, how long before Teksavvy customers get the upgrade as well?

I can deal with 28mbps, but I'm itching to get a faster upload! 3mbps will be sweet!
paul_ottawa
join:2012-11-10
Ottawa

paul_ottawa

2012.11.29 - bye bye Robber's!

Happy to be switching to TSI, a bit nervous about the recent string of issues in Ottawa, but I'm hoping they are short lived.

TSILiz
Premium Member

TSILiz to Poser

Premium Member

to Poser
said by paul_ottawa:

2012.11.29 - bye bye Robber's!

Happy to be switching to TSI, a bit nervous about the recent string of issues in Ottawa, but I'm hoping they are short lived.

We are working to resolve them as quickly as possible, we look forward to having you! Any questions please let us know.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

Ottawa east of Downtown going into St-Laurent headend seems to be pretty solid, the issues from what I can tell are mostly in the west with Richmond headend and whatever Kanata goes into.
nightowl3
join:2012-11-09

nightowl3 to Poser

to Poser
I am in bells corners and i think I am connected to the fallowfield PIO. I have had TSI for 2 months now and have had only one 2 hour outage so far.