join:2005-08-24
Scarborough
kudos:2
Reviews:
·localphone.com

1 edit
reply to elwoodblues

Re: CRTC wants public help on new wireless rules

Question: Don't these companies have to pay huge amounts of money to license the spectrum that they use? They never get that money back, right?

Wouldn't service be more affordable if the companies didn't have to pay these huge prices for their spectrum? As I understand it, Wind Mobile had to lay out over $400 million just for their spectrum. That's about 3.5 million every month for ten years to recover that.

Where does that money go, anyway?

No wonder prices are so high.

Edit: The topic was only 2 pages long, so I thought I'd try to get something going

hm

@videotron.ca
said by Oinktastic:

Wouldn't service be more affordable if the companies didn't have to pay these huge prices for their spectrum? As I understand it, Wind Mobile had to lay out over $400 million just for their spectrum. That's about 3.5 million every month for ten years to recover that.

Wind has 1/2 million customers with a rough average cost of 40$/month excluding phone costs as applicable.

That's $20,000,000 Max

12,500,000 Min if everyone has the cheapest plan (b/w extra)

So let's put it at the average (which it isn't), $16,000,000

That's 192,000,000/year not taking any extra's into account. So it surpasses that value.

No clue of their expenditure, tower rentals, and anything else.

I don't think they are worrying. They just want more spectrum and coverage.

chattahurtz

@videotron.ca
CRTC wants Canadians to now join them in an online chat (IRC?) to discuss the new wireless code!

CRTC invites Canadians to join online discussion on the wireless code
»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/com100/2012/r121113.htm
... The online discussion will be open until 8 p.m. (EST) on December 4, 2012. Canadians can participate by visiting: »consultation.crtc.gc.ca

The comments submitted during this discussion will form part of the proceeding’s public record and will be used to develop a first draft of the code. The CRTC will facilitate a second online consultation from January 28 to February 1, 2013, during which Canadians will be able to see the result of their input and comment on the draft code.

That's a first. The Telecommunications Commission using internet communications to communicate with people... aaaah I had a car accident and i'm in a coma dreaming sh*t up... stupid me...*pinches self*... hmm... must be some weird nightmare and monsters are going to pop out any time now just have to say the magic word... Beetlejuice mumblehurtz.

Hmm
Expand your moderator at work