spc
uniqs
JimGill1
join:2004-06-03
San Jose, CA

JimGill1 to wco

to wco

Re: [Bill] HSI-only pricing in South Bay Area

I just switched to this same promo after being a PacBell/SBC/AT&T DSL customer for more than 10 yrs.

I've got Internet only and it's $29.99 for the first 6 months, then switches to $44.99 for next 6 months and then regular price of $62.95 per month. You're free to cancel without penalty at any point.

The monthly bill is exactly $29.99, no taxes or fees and no penalty for not having cable TV (I was surprised about this because that wasn't the case for quite a long time).

Speedtest shows 25.48Mbps down, 3.81Mbps up, but these sorts of tests are not very accurate.

Interestingly, it's hard to really tell that the speed is better than the 6Mbps I had on DSL, mostly because web surfing is so quick anyway that fractions of a second aren't too noticeable.

Of course file downloads are much faster IF the site you're downloading from supports it. I've found that most file sites only go about 50% faster than what I could on DSL. But download something from Microsoft or Adobe or other sites with big pipes and I see well over 2MB/sec.

So far I'm happy with the service but after the $44.99 period is over I will probably rethink staying with Comcast.