spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Joe_cdn
@teksavvy.com

Joe_cdn

Anon

[Cable] Slow Cable in Ajax

Since Sunday, I have had intermitent speeds. I have always had 5 MS Ping and 512kbs upload, however, intermitenlty I have been now getting up to 450 ms ping and .19 kbs upload. A friend in the next town has always seen this since Sunday.

Called Teksavvy support and they opened a ticket.

Don't notice so much on downloads, but on VOIP you do.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones

My Internet seems ok.

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to Joe_cdn

Premium Member

to Joe_cdn
Hi There,

Feel free to message us in the direct forum with your account info so we can look into it.

Joe_cdn
@xerox.com

Joe_cdn

Anon

Hi Elizabeth, I already have a ticket opened. If you still want me to give you my details, I will though.

Was just wondering what others were experiencing. I do not both myself and a friend in Whitby have had the same issues as of Sunday.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

Hello,

If you have already opened a ticket then that should be fine. However if you'd like you can still provide your account information in the direct forum: »/forum ··· avdirect and we can double check and let you know if there has been an update on the ticket for you yet.

Thank you,
Keith

joe_cdn
@xerox.com

joe_cdn

Anon

thanks for the quick responses guys! The Rogers guy is coming Friday evening so let's see what he says.

Joe_cdn
@teksavvy.com

Joe_cdn to Joe_cdn

Anon

to Joe_cdn
ok, so my internet speed has been okay since late Wednesday night(was really bad most of Wednesday).

At any rate, I didn't cancel the roger's appointment. Guy came and said the signal, especially return path, was at the very limit of what is acceptable(31) and that my cable line was too powerful.

He put both an 8db and 3 db filter on the line which brough the return path signal to 41.

As this is something that just popped up last Sunday for both me and my friend who are apparently on the same line or whatever, he things maybe rogers must have recently boosted the signal but that the techs apparently don't get this info.

As it was really effecting the return path, likley most people wouldn't notice but with voip it is noticeable.

anyway, will wait and see what happens. signal is pretty constant now. I can always take a filter off if need be.

TSI Support2
TSI Support
Premium Member
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Support2

Premium Member

Hello,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Please keep us updated if you have any further problems.

Thanks.

TSI-ChadZ
discoblues
join:2009-10-29
Pickering, ON

discoblues

Anyone else on the Ajax POI recently have speed issues in the evening?

I haven't paid close attention but the last night I noticed my regular full throttle download 3.2 - 3.4 megs/sec drop down to 100-200k/s

as of 5pm things were fine, but around 10pm is when i noticed, but things looked better again at 1am.

moffa
join:2007-10-14
North York, ON

moffa

I'm getting good speeds: »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 8064.png

I'll try posting again at 10 pm. Have you checked your line stats? Maybe its local node congestion

Joe_cdn
@teksavvy.com

Joe_cdn to discoblues

Anon

to discoblues
I haven't had any further issues since the Rogers guy put those filters on. You should go into the modem diagnostics and check the power levels. From what I understand, forward path should be between -15 and 15, return path between 35-50.

Current speed(note it is 9pm on Saturday so probably prime internet time)

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 9008.png

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by Joe_cdn :

I haven't had any further issues since the Rogers guy put those filters on. You should go into the modem diagnostics and check the power levels. From what I understand, forward path should be between -15 and 15, return path between 35-50.

Current speed(note it is 9pm on Saturday so probably prime internet time)

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 9008.png

By filter do you mean a RF Attenuator?

Or something else?
If something else can you find a picture or take a picture and show us please?
Just curious.

Joe_cdn
@teksavvy.com

Joe_cdn

Anon

ya, that's it. Couldn't remember the exact name.