darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

[Sci-Fi] BSG: Blood and Chrome - Web Series - Nov 9!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 0xJhWdcM

The show that just would not die

Announced during Caprica‘s flagging run, Blood and Chrome was originally developed as a full series like its predecessor. Eventually, Syfy decided to pass on airing the spinoff. NBC Universal subsequently arranged for the series to be shown as a Web series, with the possibility of a television premiere at a future date. After a long and tumultuous production, the space opera will finally begin showing episodes later this week.

EW reports that Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome will premiere its first episode in just a few short days. On Friday, November 9, the first installment of the Web series will be posted on Youtube channel Machinima Prime. Blood and Chrome will be eventually be available as ten short episodes, at seven to twelve minutes apiece. Machinima released a new trailer for the series along with the premiere announcement, showing off more robust action and atmosphere than previous glimpses.

and some history:
10/2010 »Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome
3/2012 »SyFy: BSG: Blood & Chrome shelved indefinitely

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

2 recommendations

TigerLord

Fuck NBC and fuck SyFy.

This was SyFy's most critically acclaimed franchise and a sure money maker. Why did they not go forward with the series? Pure madness.

Now we get 10 episodes of 7 minutes each. Wow.

I will of course watch, but I'm so pissed they passed on the full show. SyFy is an embarrassing entity to humanity in and on itself.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

1 recommendation

elwoodblues

Premium Member

More money in reality shows and "wrassling" then creating another BSG series.

Spike cancelled all their shows a year back and went all reality.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to TigerLord

MVM

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

Fuck NBC and fuck SyFy.

This was SyFy's most critically acclaimed franchise and a sure money maker. Why did they not go forward with the series? Pure madness.

Now we get 10 episodes of 7 minutes each. Wow.

I will of course watch, but I'm so pissed they passed on the full show. SyFy is an embarrassing entity to humanity in and on itself.

That's was my impression of Caprica,.....

After watching the premiere of Caprica I couldn't believe they were going forward with it.

I watch Blood and Chrome. Just because SyFy passed on it doesn't mean its not good. It could just mean that SyFy wants to go in a different direction and wants a different viewer demographic. In other words they don't want the likes of us Scifi fans around,...

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

1 recommendation

TigerLord

Caprica was well written and had some good acting. I thought it was a great drama, although it suffered from intense periods of slowness!

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

I made my displeasure with Caprica known when the show was still alive. I don't feel its worth going over again in any real detail but I never agreed with the casting, it was derivative, slow and more,.....

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· youtu.be

Episode 1 and 2 are up. I like it a lot. I was instantly sucked back into the BattleStar Galactica Universe. Decent acting and visually awesome. Its really a crime that this isn't on a regular line up like before. The fan base is there, the story is there, everything is there. Why oh why can't this be more than short Web Episodes?

I'll take what I can get but I hate that Sci Fi (hate the SyFy logo)channel and other channels like History TLC and others mainly show content other than what their network namesake. We need a channel made by fans for fans. But I guess thats what the internet is for. For being a Web only series it has great production. More please.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Good to hear. I can't wait to see this!

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I don't have the heart to watch this after being disappointed by the ending. Possibly the worst ending i've ever seen. (Up there with LOST).

Does it have any of the main cast members?

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

said by Alcohol:

I don't have the heart to watch this after being disappointed by the ending. Possibly the worst ending i've ever seen. (Up there with LOST).

Does it have any of the main cast members?

None that I could see. It follows a young Adama just starting out as a new pilot so its kinda like a prequel.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Alcohol

MVM

to Alcohol
quote:
Arguably the best science fiction series in some time, Battlestar Galactica aired its last season almost three years ago with a few spinoffs since. The latest spinoff movie is the prequel Blood & Chrome which tell the story of young William Adama and his trials on the Galactica during the first Cylon war. The 97 minute feature film will be initially available online as 10 episodes via Machinima Prime between November 9th and February. Then it will premiere on the Syfy channel and finally become available on Blu-ray, DVD, On Demand and digital download on February 19th, 2013. We'll be interested to see how this unorthodox release window works out for Universal Studios Home Entertainment, in the meantime more details are available in the full release, along with a trailer after the break.

»www.engadget.com/2012/11 ··· want-it/

Maybe we'll see young Saul Tigh too if we are lucky and Roslin too,.....but different actors,.....

As long as its nothing like Caprica I suspect I'll like it.
Octavean

1 recommendation

Octavean to darcilicious

MVM

to darcilicious
Wow,….

That was incredibly entertaining!!!

Battlstar Galactica: Blood & Chrome was vastly more entertaining in its initial 23min then the entirety of Caprica the series. It really embodied much more of its predecessor and I have to say that the old magic really seems to be there.

I’m anxious for more!

Excellent start,….

Four stars,….

Bravo!!!

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium Member
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum

Kosh to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Excellent series so far! The best part is the conveniently timed pipe drops and locker slams during "curse" words.

The reason this show got the poor treatment by the network is that old Hollywood rule that you're only as good as your last project - in this case, Caprica bombed, so the network execs decided they shouldn't put a lot of effort into the Battlestar "brand". In that respect, we should be grateful this series saw the light of day in ANY form.

It'd be nice if they would dump the ugly-ass watermark too.

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Episodes 3 & 4 are up. Looking good.

»www.youtube.com/watch?an ··· nuArj4b8

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Yeah, wow,……

Outstanding,…..

Fracking outstanding episodes,….!!!

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
i finally caught up with episodes 1-4 on torrent.

OMG i want MORE - each episode is too short

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

Premium Member

to darcilicious
5 & 6 are now up.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· re=g-all
Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to darcilicious
7 & 8 are up. It said they will air on SyFy in February.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· youtu.be

CompUser
join:2001-11-07
Ada, OH

CompUser to darcilicious

to darcilicious
This is a great start to a good story. It's a shame that tv execs can't find a place for stuff like this on tv.

I guess the lowest common denominator wins in the entertainment field.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I have been very impressed with the show so far. Fast paced. If only the could prduce a whole TV of this with hour long episodes. Of course that might slow it down which would be bad. If syfy had any brains they would pick this up for a real show. Instead we will get Sharktopus 2

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Alcohol

Premium Member

to Alcohol
said by Alcohol:

I feel the same way, the ending to BSG just totally killed the franchise for me. B&C looks good but I keep thinking about the darn ending ...
IanR
join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

IanR to darcilicious

to darcilicious
I am wondering is this is all a "teaser" for a full blown series. Effectively after the caprica failure testing the waters for level of interest.
Spice300
Premium Member
join:2006-01-10

Spice300

Premium Member

Yes, this is the pilot episode for a possible new series named Blood and Chrome. For some mysterious reason the executives decided to split it into little 10 minute segments and post it on the Internet 3 months before they show the pilot in its entirety. It is annoying to watch this broken into little segments. It would probably be wise to wait until all the segments are posted, and then watch them all together.

Blood and Chrome easily blows away Caprica.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

1 edit

Octavean

MVM

said by Spice300:

Blood and Chrome easily blows away Caprica.

Indeed, well said!!!

***edit***

In a way the release of BSG: Blood and Chrome reminds me a little of web based beginnings of “Sanctuary” before the Sci-Fi / SyFy channel took it on. Not a good comparison because there was an intended revenue system with the “Sanctuary” online release beyond the first few free installments.

I’m just glad its available (for free) in some way,…

However, releasing it like this could (in theory) hurt the TV premiere numbers and thus the decision of going forward with the show.

Fir_Na_Tine
Premium Member
South Jersey

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Final one is up. Looks great as the rest of them did. Hopefully this gets picked up for a regular series. It has the potential to be just as good as BSG.

»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· EDRptVAQ

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers

Premium Member

thanks for the fresh link - nice ending plot twist

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
It would make an excellent series

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

I have to agree. Just finished 9 & 10 last night. Was good for a short burst of something to watch while the rest of the tv series's are winding down either finales or holiday hold overs.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to darcilicious

MVM

to darcilicious
I watched the movie “the Apparition” not too long ago,….

It had the same actor play the young Adama in it. He didn’t have much of a part in it though.