behind you..
Motorola MB8600
ARRIS TG862
Asus RT-AC5300

beerbum

Premium Member

said by mmainprize:

If you want to install any Store Apps you will need an account

Just to be clear.. You can still install Apps if you are using a local account on your computer - you just have to log in to the store with a MSN account each time.

At least I could and I login to my laptop using a local account.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by beerbum:

said by mmainprize:

Just to be clear.. You can still install Apps if you are using a local account on your computer - you just have to log in to the store with a MSN account each time.

Which is pretty much the same as using the Mac app store, or the iOS app store, or the google play (or whatever its called this week) android store, or the Amazon app store.

To use a store, you need to be connected and have a login for that store.

Apparently this is News.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to beerbum

to beerbum
said by beerbum:

said by mmainprize:

Yes you can install apps under a local account, but you still need the store account to download and install it.

Also many of the apps will use that store account to know your location, and other information about you. Many require you to login to use the app and by default it uses the current windows 8 logged in user i think, so a local account would not login and you would have to enter the store login account each time you use the apps i would think.

I have not tried the local accounts yet but glad to hear they still exist.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by mmainprize:

said by beerbum:

said by mmainprize:

Yes you can install apps under a local account, but you still need the store account to download and install it.

Also many of the apps will use that store account to know your location, and other information about you. Many require you to login to use the app and by default it uses the current windows 8 logged in user i think, so a local account would not login and you would have to enter the store login account each time you use the apps i would think.

I have not tried the local accounts yet but glad to hear they still exist.

Nope, apps (and the store) that require a live account can use a persistent "remember me" option if you are not logged into the PC with your live account. That's how it works on my work PC (sign in with domain account, have live account for skydrive and store, and presumably other cloud type things - don't relogin unless I don't check remember me, or my password is changed and no longer valid)