Premium Member
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

1 edit

ARGONAUT to ryzst

Premium Member

to ryzst

Re: Adobe just terminated my Photoshop CS2

Could be your firewall is stopping online verification or some other security app is causing trouble.

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to DownTheShore

Premium Member

to DownTheShore
bonjour is apple related

I would recommend a full wipe of the hard drive and a re-install of the OS, but of-course that's taking it to the extreme.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by mromero:

bonjour is apple related

Except any number of Windows programs make use of it as well. For example,
quote:
Q. Why do I have Bonjour on my Windows system?

[...] Adobe's Creative Suite 3 applications use Bonjour to discover digital asset management services.
As do a number of video related programs such as AirVideo, and Plex (I believe).

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero

Premium Member

yes i know lol, bonjour on windows is usually installed when you install quicktime or itunes.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

My point was that plenty of non-Apple programs use it.

ryzst
Premium Member
join:2004-06-14
Tustin, CA

1 recommendation

ryzst

Premium Member

Thanks for all the good ideas everyone. I tried their online support, but it wasn't very helpful. I was told they had no tech support for my product & to try the user forums.

I do agree that the issue probably started with my computer & ongoing problems with permissions. My beef is they've made something I bought a physical copy of no longer usable.

I did a search of my hard drive and found an older copy of CS that I'd forgotten I had, so at least I'm not dead in the water. And Time Machine does a back-up every 12 hours, thanks for the warnings.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

Stacy

Premium Member

I just had a similar problem on my PowerMac G5 while moving a photo from Lightroom 2 to edit in CS4 while CS 4 was open. Got a error message, with the CS 4 logo, that my serial number had expired. "Restart the computer and if the problem persists......."

Restarted the computer and everything seems to be fine. I hope this doesn't happen again.

This is a legitimately licensed upgrade DVD edition purchased from Adorama about 2.5 years ago. Computer is running on only 1 gb ram since I had to remove a couple of bad chips earlier this week. Maybe it has something to do with low memory?
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

or the loss of the chips was seen as a change in the system. Lots of software today wants to only exist on one computer.