how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thor17

join:2006-02-08
Vienna, VA

AMC HD in Northern Virginia

Is anyone else in Northern Virginia having problems with AMC HD (channel 731)? I can get all my other channels including SD AMC, just not AMC HD. Spent over an hour with Tech Support and they just said keep checking back.

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
Is it just on the one TV, or on multiple TVs? If it's the former, check your connections. If memory serves, I had issues with this channel some time ago. As well as one other channel that's on the same frequency. It could be that the frequency is sensitive to being stepped on. In which case you could have the same issue I did - for me it was just a loose connection in the splitter coming into my family room.

If it's the latter, it could be your ONT. Again, some time ago I had an issue where a bunch of SD channels were getting pixellated. Given the proximity of the channels (they were all right next to each other) and the number of such channels (just enough SD channels to fit into a QAM slot), I figured that it was just one frequency getting stepped on. And because it was happening on multiple TVs, I figured it had to be at the ONT. Sure enough, it was.

davest123

join:2010-02-28
Centreville, VA
reply to thor17
It's not just you. It didn't work for me either. Now (3pm) it seems fine.

thor17

join:2006-02-08
Vienna, VA
reply to thor17
Thanks all. I updated the firmware on my box (Silicon Dust HD Homerun Prime) and that seemed to do the trick.