uniqs
share rss forum feed

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to bbchris2nd

Re: Bathroom tiles alternative

Which tiles are you talking about - floor? Wall? Tub/shower area?

There is tile paint, and reglazing services that can change the colour of the tiles without tearing them up and replacing...

The paint's not real durable (I've seen if hold up OK on walls, but not so much on floors) - the reglazing, from what I understand, is pretty much as tough as the original finish, but I have no idea what the costs are like...

PSWired

join:2006-03-26
Annapolis, MD
Yeah, look into field reglazing. The finish is durable and as long as the tiles themselves are in good shape, you should be able to get the finish you want.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to LazMan
I've posted pics before in other threads here about the professional reglazing of tubs in my house. It ran less than $300 (that's USD, since the OP appears to be from Australia). I did the tub reglazing in conjunction with new tile walls. But reglazing ceramic tiles is something that can be done. Though not directly relevant to the OP but useful for getting ideas on what can be done, the website of the company that did the work in my home is: »www.uniquerefinishers.com/ If the OP can find a similar service company where they live, then it could be an option.
--
nohup rm -fr /&