ilikeme to removed

Premium Member

to removed

Re: Bugs in my garage

said by removed:

said by nonymous:

"bugs fly into the garage and stick to the drywall until they eventually die. "
Why are they sticking to the drywall?

They stick around the light for a few minutes until the light goes off. They don't have a way to get out of the garage with the door closed.

I was hoping that one of these electric traps would do the trick - might try one or two anyway and return it if I don't get the desired results. Keeping the lights off isn't really an option, though I do plan on replacing the exterior lights with CFLs similar to these:
»www.amazon.com/Sunlite-S ··· ight+cfl

I had the same problem with my front porch light and replaced the bulb with one of those, and it works perfectly. They do not swarm around the light anymore.

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

I picked up a "60W Equivalent" CFL bug light at Home Depot tonight and I'm afraid it's not looking good. The light does keep bugs away but the yellow tint doesn't look that great, and the advertised light output is a bit too ambitious. I would need at least two of these bulbs to light up my driveway like my current CFLs do.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

You can buy no UV LED lamps. CFL = UV. I think the "yellow bulb" thing is overblown. They may reduce the bug draw, but not by much. In the summer, I see swarms or bugs around my neighbors yellow post light.

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

Can you recommend a specific model? I looked into LED bulbs but came across »www.energycircle.com/blo ··· act-bugs while doing my research.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

1 edit

nunya

MVM

Just google "no UV led bulb" and they should come up.