Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

GM85
Click, Click

join:2002-07-02
London, ON
reply to aegyssus

Re: MF668 stays on EDGE/green mode

I took a look around, obviously I don't know if there is a definitive answer. I saw you mentioned the 1.0.2B03 software, I'm assuming you found that at »wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/Canada/ , selecting MF668 (Rogers) and downloading the 1-click upgrade tool?

I did some searching and ended up ZTE Denmark site - »wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/Denmark/ - The interesting thing is they have 2 models listed - the MF668 and the MF668A - I wonder what the difference is between the two and whether it is the reason why 3G is not working with Rogers / NA market.

You could download the MF668A firmware and give that a shot. I bet the reason why the firmware upgrade didn't work is that the MF668 and MF668A are two different models. Note: I noticed the MF668A firmware tool was compressed with 7-zip, so you will probably need to download a copy of that (it's free).

aegyssus

join:2012-11-06
Canada

Re: MF668A stays on EDGE/green mode

Your point is valid: I'll try that firmware.
Sorry for the confusion, I mentioned the name I first saw when I bought the card but the exact model is MF668A. So, no confusion about that... I also changed the title of the thread.

I downloaded BD_ROGERMF668V1.0.2B03 firmware right from the location you pointed first (for Canada) but as I mentioned, it does not work... Not to say that only works on Mac OS.

I'll try the Danish firmware and report back, at least it's PC software... Crossing my fingers.

aegyssus

join:2012-11-06
Canada
... and it did not work.

I really do not see why this card would not go upper than EDGE. I have a strong feeling I am heading to nowhere with this device.