uniqs
share rss forum feed

xymox1
Premium
join:2008-05-20
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

[AZ] 8x4 in north phoenix ?

How many channels is Cox bonding in the north phx area ?

When is cox going to roll out 100Mb ?

Is there a better date for IPv6 yet ? DHCPv6-PD ?

xymox1
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone know ?

The question is really a 100Mb/s question...

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to xymox1
getting 8x3 in the north phx/anthem area

nickphx

join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ
reply to xymox1
When 100mbit happens, it happens. Why worry about IPV6? Most sites don't support it yet. So it cox would have to run dual stack and that would be messy. I get 8x3 in anthem area too.

xymox1
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

reply to xymox1
Well im thinking about buying a 8X4 as i only have a DPC-3000 now. I have ultimate service. So I want to be ready for 100Mb.. Plus just having 8 rather then 4 is good.

IPv6 is another important question for me. Im using Vyatta on a PC as a router and I want to try out native IPv6, IE DHCPv6-PD.

Anthem is a bit north of me at 7th st & bell..

Yea i have noticed that I only have 3 upstream channels. Thats kinda odd it seems ?

Anon

@cox.net
I hate to burst your bubble, but you're actually only going to get SIX downstreams once the upgrades are finished. But that won't be a limiting factor for reaching 100Mb.

And yes, you'll only get three upstreams (in Phoenix).

JohnDrenZ
Premium
join:2000-04-03
Phoenix, AZ
reply to xymox1
Getting 8x3 up in Anthem as well

nickphx

join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

reply to xymox1
so what's stopping you from running ipv6 on your own internal network then if it's important?

xymox1
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

well 6 channels is better then 4, so I still want to upgrade my modem. Why are they only doing 6 and 3 ?

IPv6. In my own home network I can do a HE tunnel, but its slow. Once Cox rolls out native IPv6 I want to play with it then because it will be fast. Right now doing IPv6 is not nearly as fast as IPv4 because you have to use a tunnel. Its also a little annoying doing a ddns and a router config for HE. DHCPv6-PD is much easier.

CulDeSac

join:2007-12-01
Chandler, AZ
reply to xymox1
4x3 here in SE Chandler (SB6120).

Anonguy

@cox.net
6 is actually better than 8 because they are 6 only used by D3 modems instead of 8 where 3 or 4 are shared by D2 modems.

xymox1
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to xymox1
wait.. I thought the more you bond together the faster the max speed ? No ? I suppose both 6 or 8 is still way about 100Mb/s so I suppose it would not matter ?

Or would it ? If everybody was on 8 the bandwidth would be spread between 8 channels rather then six allowing more headroom and thruput ?

And then you got me thinking about the people on 4 or 2 or 1. If they are on the same system are the using the same channels ? Or a different set of channels then the 6/8 people ?

Im so confuzed

Another Anon

@cox.net
With the 6 downstream setup, there is more total bandwidth sent to the node - so even the 2.0 modems get relief too. And as was mentioned above, the six downstreams that your 3.0 modem is locking onto isn't shared with 2.0 modems - they have other channels to play with.

AZ_OGM

join:2007-01-12
Phoenix, AZ
reply to CulDeSac
The SB6120 is limited to 4X4 so it wouldn't see the 8X3 in the Phoenix market anyways.