North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

reply to aefstoggaflm

Re: [speed/latency] lower dsl sync and speed after Sandy

If memory recalls, if you were to dial just the standard 1-800-VERIZON number and then press the option for High Speed Internet > Technical support (they change the menus constantly), the agent you get on the line should have the ability to put in a re-provision request if they see the speed is off. Just explain your case saying the line after the storm has decreased in speed, you've tried rebooting your modem (which I assume has been done) and you'd like them to check your line profile. Failing that, someone in Billing would need to verify what package you have and then push for a re-provision if they see you're off (without adjusting your price/package, though).

Verizon Direct here on this website may also be able to help, but the last I recall they've been playing the "Automatic speed for package" game and they also don't have access to the billing records.

Of course, as we all know it's a gamble as to how soon you'll get the speed back.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL

1 edit

said by Smith6612:

Verizon Direct here on this website may also be able to help, but the last I recall they've been playing the "Automatic speed for package" game and they also don't have access to the billing records.

Also, the last I recall: They only help with users on consumer accounts / non static IP Address(es) accounts.

said by Smith6612:

If memory recalls, if you were to dial just the standard 1-800-VERIZON number and then press the option for High Speed Internet > Technical support (they change the menus constantly), the agent you get on the line should have the ability to put in a re-provision request if they see the speed is off. Just explain your case saying the line after the storm has decreased in speed, you've tried rebooting your modem (which I assume has been done) and you'd like them to check your line profile. Failing that, someone in Billing would need to verify what package you have and then push for a re-provision if they see you're off (without adjusting your price/package, though).

Thanks I will try that...
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.