spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

flwpwr

@comcast.net
reply to bemis

Re: [Connectivity] lose power, lose service?

All this whining is great but it the OP has a house amp and his house looses power, his house amp looses it in which case, it will pass no RF incoming and he will be DOA. Just saying. If the backup power does not power the feed to the amp too, it will go dead and your screwed.

You can test this by just throwing your main breaker, if you lose internet, you probably have an active device on your local network somewhere, a lot of smart panels have them hidden inside. That or you have the stuff plugged into the surge side only of the battery back up. If your service stays on then its place power outside that is the issue. Or you have really bad timing and turned your house power off while the power went out.

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by flwpwr :

All this whining is great but it the OP has a house amp and his house looses power, his house amp looses it in which case, it will pass no RF incoming and he will be DOA. Just saying. ...

While you make a good point about the house amp, there's no house amp in my house. Just a passive cable run from the pole to my modem. Yet I still lost internet access within a couple of minutes of the power going out.

Just saying...