spc
uniqs

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith

Re: IMAP settings

hi Keith:

I get this error message from Thunderbird (running under Ubuntu) when i try to send a test e-mail to myself, while connected through another ISP's network (using the outgoing settings you pasted above):

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent using SMTP server out.teksavvy.com for an unknown reason. Please verify that your SMTP server settings are correct and try again, or contact your network administrator.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

Hello,

The out.teksavvy.com with port 1025 (and authentication) should work regardless of the ISP you are on. Our basic smtp.teksavvy.com port 25 is the one that is dependent on running through our service.

Have you tested this on a different client with the same results?

Thank you,
Keith

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

hi Keith:

It works now. Forgot to fill out the username field.

Another question: For the Incoming side of things, even though we're using "Encrypted Password" as the authentication, are there any plans to use SSL/TLS / STARTTLS as the Connection Security ? (along with a secure incoming port, such as 585 / 993) ?

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

SSL may be a possibility in the future. This is being worked on/looked into currently from what I was told. No ETA at this time however
murfam
join:2010-04-10
Milton, ON

murfam

With a little fiddling it worked on my iMAC, MacBook and iPod Touch as well. Good stuff.