silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat to mlord

to mlord

Re: IMAP settings

said by mlord:

Oooh.. I've wanted this for many years.

hi mlord:

IMAP on Teksavvy has been available for quite a while now (at least a couple of years and i'm sure probably longer than that). I've never used POP on the Teksavvy e-mail service.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

said by silvercat:

IMAP on Teksavvy has been available for quite a while now (at least a couple of years and i'm sure probably longer than that). I've never used POP on the Teksavvy e-mail service.

That's pretty much with TSI Keith said too. Pity the telephone CSRs didn't know about it when I asked a year or two ago.

Cheers

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

It was even said recently by TSI staff either here or on their forum that IMAP was not supported...

Edit, it was on TSI's forum, 2 months ago.

»forums.teksavvy.com/yaf_ ··· ngs.aspx

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

said by HiVolt:

It was even said recently by TSI staff either here or on their forum that IMAP was not supported...

I've been using it without issue for an awfully long time though. Looking through my saved e-mails, i've been using IMAP on Teksavvy for the last five years (never used POP).

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by silvercat:

I've been using it without issue for an awfully long time though. Looking through my saved e-mails, i've been using IMAP on Teksavvy for the last five years (never used POP).

I guess it existed either as an unsupported and undocumented option, or it was not communicated to the staff that it is in fact supported.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

And you will see my name on that forum post as well, recently confirming IMAP but a couple months ago also stating that it wasn't an option.

I'm not sure how this slipped through the cracks and I apologize for that. It has now been added to our knowledge base so agents can find it. I will also be speaking to our quality/training department later today to see about sending a communication out to the floor for those agents that have fielded the question enough in the past to already have a "no" ready without having to check the KB.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yeah I did notice you replied to it... Perhaps the IMAP settings should be added to the website FAQ with the email settings as well.