JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to avidboy01

Premium Member

to avidboy01

Re: Adding wirless to Fios Bill

I agree with those who have had no issues with it. I've had it for years, and it's fine. The only thing to be aware of, and this is something I hit - if your cell bill is on a different billing cycle than your FiOS bill, they'll line them up. Also, when I signed up, my first bill was huge. After pouring through the items in the bill, I figured out why, and they were correct. Here's why. My FiOS bill was paid a month ahead. That is, when I first signed up for FiOS, my first bill was for the first 2 months of service. Then every subsequent bill was for the upcoming month. All these providers work that way.

But at the time Verizon Wireless wasn't set up that way. I paid for the month just past. When they lined up both bills, though, they shifted my wireless bill to be like my FiOS bill. Which means it was pro-rated - paid forward a month. Add to that the adjustment of the billing cycle, and my first bill, after making the change to one bill, included nearly 2 1/2 months worth of cell service.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

I've had One bIll for years. My Wireless Bill has never lined up with my One Bill. While I pay the wireless bill on the OneBill, My wireless bill cycle ends a couple of weeks before my One Bill billing cycle ends. They have never lined them up for me. And Verizon never made any effort to do so.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by aaronwt:

I've had One bIll for years. My Wireless Bill has never lined up with my One Bill. While I pay the wireless bill on the OneBill, My wireless bill cycle ends a couple of weeks before my One Bill billing cycle ends. They have never lined them up for me. And Verizon never made any effort to do so.

Mine never lined up either. But it doesn't make any difference as you still pay the same amount anyway.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to aaronwt

Premium Member

to aaronwt
said by aaronwt:

Yeah, I think that's because your one bill setup has been around for a while. When I lived in my old house, that's how mine was set up too. When we moved, though, it changed. I had to get one bil reset up at the new house, and Verizon lined up their billing cycles on me. I'm assuming that the OP will have them lined up if he's setting up a new one bill account.
JPL

JPL to ansky

Premium Member

to ansky
said by ansky:

said by aaronwt:

Mine never lined up either. But it doesn't make any difference as you still pay the same amount anyway.

Yes, you pay the same amount after the first bill. That was the point of my post - if Verizon does to the OP what they did to me, then his first bill will be significantly higher than anticipated. My first bill was twice what I expected it to be. Over time, you're right, the bills will be the same, but the first bill won't be.