Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

XCOM to krbvroc1

Premium Member

to krbvroc1

Re: [CallCentric] New callcentric issues?

CC just add it more servers.
I had to add alpha13 to 20 to my allowed list.
That's why things improved.
I started my porting to voip.ms yesterday. I gave them a chance and things are back like they where with the DDoS.... I hope CC can get out of this one. Good luck CC!
Iscream
Premium Member
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY

Iscream

Premium Member

The information above is not correct. The things are back to what they were prior to October 4th when attack started.

By saying "back" - I mean it. Voice quality, reliability of connection, sustainability of calls, etc.

On top of that - Free NY DIDs are also already operational. NYC recovers after the hurricane and snow/ice storm which passed here yesterday.

Good luck with your new provider. And welcome back shall you decide so at any time.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense

XCOM

Premium Member

said by Iscream:

The information above is not correct. The things are back to what they were prior to October 4th when attack started.

By saying "back" - I mean it. Voice quality, reliability of connection, sustainability of calls, etc.

On top of that - Free NY DIDs are also already operational. NYC recovers after the hurricane and snow/ice storm which passed here yesterday.

Good luck with your new provider. And welcome back shall you decide so at any time.

Iscream,

Sorry I should of specify today things are ok. Yesterday afternoon I had nothing but issues.
Thanks.
DBOD
join:2012-10-17

DBOD to XCOM

to XCOM
People need to be aware that they increased the number of servers about three weeks ago. I also had to add them to my router to get it to work but I fortunately spotted this on the day they added them. They can add at any time. It is best if you permit the entire range of ip address 0-255. Unfortunately my router won't let me specify a range and I have to add them individually.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense

XCOM

Premium Member

said by DBOD:

People need to be aware that they increased the number of servers about three weeks ago. I also had to add them to my router to get it to work but I fortunately spotted this on the day they added them. They can add at any time. It is best if you permit the entire range of ip address 0-255. Unfortunately my router won't let me specify a range and I have to add them individually.

Thanks for the tip. My router has CC CIDR block to be allowed so that was not the problem. I have specific rules within asterisk to allow hosts that I tell it to allow as an incoming carrier. Before it was alpha1 to 9. I am now up to 20.

lacibaci
join:2000-04-10
Export, PA
Technicolor CGA4131
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ERPro8
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

lacibaci to Iscream

to Iscream
I see all of the servers are on port 5080 now:

_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha13.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha14.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha15.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha16.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha17.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha18.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha19.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha20.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha10.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha11.callcentric.com.
_sip._udp.callcentric.com. 1 IN SRV 20 0 5080 alpha12.callcentric.com.

Previously port 10123 was also used. Is this permanent or are you planning to also use 10123 in the future? I'm asking because I have to add the ports to the SIP signaling list for my firewall.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
Spring, TX

XCOM

Premium Member

Yes they are coming in on port 5080.
krbvroc1
join:2010-04-09
Jefferson, MD

krbvroc1 to Iscream

to Iscream
said by Iscream:

Since when specifically? On Nov 6 my registrations were failing for around a 4 hour period. On Nov 7 call quality was horrible for most of the day. It has been fine so far today.

There has not been a single notification from CC on their website of any current issues, yet other people here seemed to have them.
CC took two days to respond to my trouble ticket, only to say 'your stuff looks registered right now'.