alkizmo

join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC
kudos:1
reply to Jack_in_VA

Re: Hopeless or possible? HDTV OTA

said by Jack_in_VA:

»www.avsforum.com/f/?s=

85 miles is a stretch. I'm doing 47 mostly over water with a Channel Master 4228 and Channel Master Amp.

That forum is blocked at work.
Plus I love you guys!

Did you check on tvfool.com for your location and what's the status of the towers around you? There are some towers that are 50 miles from me, but marked as "red" with no LOS because of their location/elevation/power. Could be a mountain in the way, they aren't very high, they have a weak transmitter, etc etc.

ncbill
Premium
join:2007-01-23
Winston Salem, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

I can usually get WSOC, 60 miles away, with nothing more than a 2-bay UHF antenna, hanging off the entertainment center, pointed out the window, coupled with a high-gain preamp (signal split to two HDTVs).

said by alkizmo:

said by Jack_in_VA:

»www.avsforum.com/f/?s=

85 miles is a stretch. I'm doing 47 mostly over water with a Channel Master 4228 and Channel Master Amp.

That forum is blocked at work.
Plus I love you guys!

Did you check on tvfool.com for your location and what's the status of the towers around you? There are some towers that are 50 miles from me, but marked as "red" with no LOS because of their location/elevation/power. Could be a mountain in the way, they aren't very high, they have a weak transmitter, etc etc.