Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Ree

Re: Rogers Interenet Speed Upgrade... It is official now...

said by Ree:

Ahh, maybe I should cancel my switch to Extreme+ then. When I saw no change on my Ultimate connection's upstream I figured that meant no change for me

To be fair, there hasn't been any official mention of 75/2 becoming 75/10 yet. So it might still mean that.

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by bt:

To be fair, there hasn't been any official mention of 75/2 becoming 75/10 yet. So it might still mean that.

Yeah I'll probably give it a week to see what other "old" Ultimate users experience. My plan is to switch to 150/10 once it becomes available anyway, so hopefully that won't be long and it won't really matter what I'm on in the interim.

said by elitefx:

Common sense says Rogers just handed you a bunch of bunk.

They simply make an adjustment on the bill same as they would for an upgrade. Customer Care can upgrade or downgrade the account instantly. They say it takes 4 to 6 hours to take effect. Mine was instantaneous.

It's just a cash grab like that 30 day cancel policy. NOTHING takes 30 days to do on a computerized account period.......

Actually after thinking about it, it does make some sense to handle downgrades at the end of a billing cycle. What if I had used 200GB of my 250GB cap before switching. All of a sudden I go from 50GB remaining on Ultimate to 50GB over on Extreme+, and then Rogers gets some pissed off calls from me.

So it could be a cash grab, or it could be to keep the hassle to a minimum.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada

said by Ree:

Actually after thinking about it, it does make some sense to handle downgrades at the end of a billing cycle. What if I had used 200GB of my 250GB cap before switching. All of a sudden I go from 50GB remaining on Ultimate to 50GB over on Extreme+, and then Rogers gets some pissed off calls from me.

The cap was the reason I was given for the delay with switching from Extreme to Express years and years ago. Just easier than pro-rating.