Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to krbvroc1

Re: [CallCentric] New callcentric issues?

These are not new issues, but rather indicate new efforts on the part of the attackers to overcome CC's new mitigation efforts, AND the ancillary effects of the defense measures.

The attackers may also have felt emboldened in the aftermath of the Sandy situation.

As was posted in another thread:

said by airwavz:

I finally received a reply to the ticket I filed yesterday - here is the applicable info:

Recent issues with registration were due to extra security mechanisms on our network; initiated by further abnormal traffic. We have made some adjustments to our code which we believe should alleviate some registration problems.

My 3CX system is showing registered, at least the 2 test calls I just placed from my cell phone to my home and office numbers (CC DID's) did go through - I tried 1 outgoing and it too was successful, though audio quality on all was pretty rough.

krbvroc1

join:2010-04-09
Jefferson, MD

said by PX Eliezer7:

These are not new issues, but rather indicate new efforts on the part of the attackers to overcome CC's new mitigation efforts, AND the ancillary effects of the defense measures.

I would have no way to know this. After spending a bunch of time rebooting routers and ATAs, checking traceroutes, and such yesterday, I logged into Callcentric and there was no notice of any new issues. I posted a trouble ticket yesterday and did not get a response yet. I even went so far as to check their twitter page (mind you, I do not use twitter), and there was nothing there.
Your reference to another user in the 100page thread (which I am not following - I actually thought it got locked at some point) is the first I've heard that this is a continuation of the previous DDOS issues.