spc
Search similar:

uniqs

GI Suck
I Got Mail Yay
join:2004-01-14
Oshawa, ON

GI Suck

[Extreme] Rogers Extreme, now with 500GB Data Usage?

Click for full size
GI Suck

GI Suck

Click for full size
Full Screen

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to GI Suck

Premium Member

to GI Suck
It depends on where you live. If you're in the Atlantic region yes, 500GB. If you are in Ontario it's 120GB LOL. What a difference!

See the NB in the top right corner of the webpage?

GI Suck
I Got Mail Yay
Oshawa, ON

GI Suck

I'm in Ontario and it's showing me this.

creed3020
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

I see NB listed in the top right corner of your browser. Yes, you live in Ontario but your product selection is not for your home market.
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to GI Suck

to GI Suck
It detected and/or you selected NB though. Click the NB at the top right and select Ontario and you'll see a different lineup.

GI Suck
I Got Mail Yay
Oshawa, ON

GI Suck

Joy... so not only is it showing me this, but it's showing me in the wrong location as well.

WTG Rogers.

creed3020
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to GI Suck

Premium Member

to GI Suck
Clear your cookies for this page and you should get a prompt when you visit the page to select province I believe.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by creed3020:

Clear your cookies for this page and you should get a prompt when you visit the page to select province I believe.

Just click on the province abbreviation, a selection menu will appear.

GI Suck
I Got Mail Yay
Oshawa, ON

GI Suck

HA! I know why that happened now. Changed a checkbox and I'm back.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx to GI Suck

to GI Suck
Well, if this isn't the biggest POS move Rogers has ever made.

We're getting ripped off for $48.99 18/.512 80GB Express here in Ontario and yet Rogers is giving the down east folks this for $51.99.

I can see another 100 thousand leaving Rogers after reading this thread............Is there any low down scheme Rogers hasn't thought of???

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones to GI Suck

to GI Suck
I think the question here is, why does extreme have a 500GB cap and extreme plus has 150GB?
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to GI Suck

Premium Member

to GI Suck
Because atlantic canada has bell aliant ftth, with no caps. Competition means better packages for consumers.

Moar
@rogers.com

Moar

Anon

This is great, I lived in Central Newfoundland and I just changed to the new extreme package, 500gb cap for a cheaper price woooo!

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to resa1983

Premium Member

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

Because atlantic canada has bell aliant ftth, with no caps. Competition means better packages for consumers.

Unless it's from a third party and you're out of luck.

Why is it that the largest province gets screwed over?

dabonz7
join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7

I wish we could get that for my package I only have 250GB which is chicken feeds 500GB would be nice but hay Rogers got to make there money some how

Sydryx
@rogers.com

Sydryx to Moar

Anon

to Moar
Did they make you upgrade your modem or anything? I currently have the PoS that is the SMC, and they're telling me I need a new one.

Moar
@rogers.com

Moar

Anon

I upgraded today and they didn't ask me to trade in my SMC modem.

dabonz7
join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7 to GI Suck

to GI Suck
I got the new cisco router works like a charm don't get the hiltron one
biznatch11
join:2004-11-21
London, ON

biznatch11 to GI Suck

to GI Suck
God damnit. I'm in Ontario on Extreme. I've had my internet speeds upgraded like 3 times in the past year but I don't care about faster speeds I just want higher caps. I'd trade half the speed for twice the caps if I could.
stephensock
join:2012-11-10

stephensock to GI Suck

to GI Suck
Hey, I'm in NB, I've got the Extreme Internet, But my monthly allowance is still 120GB and my upload is still barely 1mbps.
Should I call them and ask? or will change by itself?
Also, does the change happen instantly or do I need a modem upgrade?
stephensock

stephensock to Moar

to Moar
said by Moar :

This is great, I lived in Central Newfoundland and I just changed to the new extreme package, 500gb cap for a cheaper price woooo!

This is strange, because I just called and they said that changes will take effect 1st of December.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by stephensock:

This is strange, because I just called and they said......

Typical rookie mistake believing anything that comes out of the mouth of a Rogers CSR. Rogers Redboard says "beginning Nov 7" and the injected HTTP msg said "by Dec 1".

Problem is, Rogers can't deliver what they're selling now. Guys are ordering 150/10 and getting 70 down max. Why? Uninformed sources here claim "node congestion" What a laugh. All these nodes were supposed to be upgraded to support channel bonding.

Well, what did they "upgrade" these nodes with? Bubblegum and duct tape?

Apparently, these so called "upgraded" nodes can't support current speeds or usage. Rogers Express upload speeds have sank to an all time low in the past couple weeks. Docsis 2 is looking better every day.

So when a CSR tells you Dec 1 what they're really saying is they have no idea but please be sure to pay your bill on time.

They want your money, they just can't deliver the goods...apparently the only "upgrade" Rogers has made is to their cash flow.

But then, we already knew about Rogers business ethics......after all, they are getting fined to the tune of 10 million.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

Dude...WTF are you talking about??

"70 down max" is likely due to bottleneck at customer's end NOT rogers. These nodes have 300mbps peak, many have posted evidence of this fact!

"Rogers Express upload speeds have sank to an all time low in the past couple weeks. Docsis 2 is looking better every day." Pure bull$hit if I've ever seen one!

You keep making these ridiculous post for no good reason other than the fact that YOU don't like what you are getting for your $$$.
stephensock
join:2012-11-10

stephensock to GI Suck

to GI Suck
I was able to get in contact with rogers on Facebook, and was able to upgrade to the new Extreme package.
Very helpful rep on Facebook.:)

elitefx
London, ON

2 edits

elitefx to technocar2

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

Dude...WTF are you talking about??

"70 down max" is likely due to bottleneck at customer's end NOT rogers. These nodes have 300mbps peak, many have posted evidence of this fact!

Well Dude...WTF are YOU talking about??

Just because things are alright where you're at doesn't mean there's not thousands of us getting royally screwed over.

"70 down max" is likely due to bottleneck at customer's end" is just an assumption you're making with no credible evidence to support it for these guys area.

We're not friggin' stupid out here we know what's going on and what we're getting from Rogers.