spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stephensock

join:2012-11-10
reply to GI Suck

Re: [Extreme] Rogers Extreme, now with 500GB Data Usage?

Hey, I'm in NB, I've got the Extreme Internet, But my monthly allowance is still 120GB and my upload is still barely 1mbps.
Should I call them and ask? or will change by itself?
Also, does the change happen instantly or do I need a modem upgrade?

stephensock

reply to Moar

said by Moar :

This is great, I lived in Central Newfoundland and I just changed to the new extreme package, 500gb cap for a cheaper price woooo!

This is strange, because I just called and they said that changes will take effect 1st of December.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

said by stephensock:

This is strange, because I just called and they said......

Typical rookie mistake believing anything that comes out of the mouth of a Rogers CSR. Rogers Redboard says "beginning Nov 7" and the injected HTTP msg said "by Dec 1".

Problem is, Rogers can't deliver what they're selling now. Guys are ordering 150/10 and getting 70 down max. Why? Uninformed sources here claim "node congestion" What a laugh. All these nodes were supposed to be upgraded to support channel bonding.

Well, what did they "upgrade" these nodes with? Bubblegum and duct tape?

Apparently, these so called "upgraded" nodes can't support current speeds or usage. Rogers Express upload speeds have sank to an all time low in the past couple weeks. Docsis 2 is looking better every day.

So when a CSR tells you Dec 1 what they're really saying is they have no idea but please be sure to pay your bill on time.

They want your money, they just can't deliver the goods...apparently the only "upgrade" Rogers has made is to their cash flow.

But then, we already knew about Rogers business ethics......after all, they are getting fined to the tune of 10 million.

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

Dude...WTF are you talking about??

"70 down max" is likely due to bottleneck at customer's end NOT rogers. These nodes have 300mbps peak, many have posted evidence of this fact!

"Rogers Express upload speeds have sank to an all time low in the past couple weeks. Docsis 2 is looking better every day." Pure bull$hit if I've ever seen one!

You keep making these ridiculous post for no good reason other than the fact that YOU don't like what you are getting for your $$$.

stephensock

reply to GI Suck

I was able to get in contact with rogers on Facebook, and was able to upgrade to the new Extreme package.
Very helpful rep on Facebook.:)

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON

2 edits
reply to technocar2

said by technocar2:

Dude...WTF are you talking about??

"70 down max" is likely due to bottleneck at customer's end NOT rogers. These nodes have 300mbps peak, many have posted evidence of this fact!

Well Dude...WTF are YOU talking about??

Just because things are alright where you're at doesn't mean there's not thousands of us getting royally screwed over.

"70 down max" is likely due to bottleneck at customer's end" is just an assumption you're making with no credible evidence to support it for these guys area.

We're not friggin' stupid out here we know what's going on and what we're getting from Rogers.